Options

Almost done preparing for ITIL V3 Foundation

computer800computer800 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm half way done reading some ITIL V3 Foundation textbook.

Amazon.com: Foundations of IT Service Management: The Unofficial ITIL v3 Foundations Course in a Book (9781439226339): Brady Orand: Books

This textbook is quite detailed and overloaded with facts and info. I'm just curious if this book is sufficient to prepare for ITIL V3 Found. exam? I noticed other textbooks has approx 150-180 pages. However, this book I'm using has 350-400 pages.

Computer800

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm half way done reading some ITIL V3 Foundation textbook.

Amazon.com: Foundations of IT Service Management: The Unofficial ITIL v3 Foundations Course in a Book (9781439226339): Brady Orand: Books

This textbook is quite detailed and overloaded with facts and info. I'm just curious if this book is sufficient to prepare for ITIL V3 Found. exam? I noticed other textbooks has approx 150-180 pages. However, this book I'm using has 350-400 pages.

Computer800

Sounds like too much detail to me.

I have several different versions of the actual course material before me at the moment. The longest is around 250 pages...that includes all of the slides plus text on opposing pages, glossaries, etc....

MS
  • Options
    qwerbyqwerby Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently passed my ITIL foundation exam (well it was last week) :D

I thought that, "Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid: The Official ITIL Foundation Study Aid" cost about £20
    ISBN: 978-0113310791 was OK, at 180 pages was pretty short but I didn't find it an easy read. My guess is they summarised the 5 core books and I found it a poor read.

What I found very good was a online ITIL study site cost me £18, at Using the ITIL learning and Certification site

eMeS wrote: »
    Sounds like too much detail to me.

I have several different versions of the actual course material before me at the moment. The longest is around 250 pages...that includes all of the slides plus text on opposing pages, glossaries, etc....

MS
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    qwerby wrote: »
    I recently passed my ITIL foundation exam (well it was last week) :D

I thought that, "Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid: The Official ITIL Foundation Study Aid" cost about £20
    ISBN: 978-0113310791 was OK, at 180 pages was pretty short but I didn't find it an easy read. My guess is they summarised the 5 core books and I found it a poor read.

What I found very good was a online ITIL study site cost me £18, at Using the ITIL learning and Certification site

Yeah, that's the official book produced by OGC. I've heard that it is very dry reading...

MS
  • Options
    qwerbyqwerby Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yip, The OGC book is pretty dull, slow,eye watering read and you can scrape a pass with it alone. You need to get 65% to get through the exam. I didnt like the book and after reading it felt that I didnt understand the topics.

I found the online material to the point and much easier to read, and after passing the exam last week (I got 95% :D), I can certainly say that it prepared me.

eMeS wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the official book produced by OGC. I've heard that it is very dry reading...

MS