My CCNA Voice Study Notes

Hi Guys,

I have finally got around to doing the last few edits of the notes I made to help me get through the CCNA Voice exam. My CCNA Security note were so well received-

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-security/50118-ccna-security-study-notes.html

I thought I would do the same for my voice notes just incase anyone finds them useful. You can find them here-

Study Shorts: CCNA Voice Study Notes

Best regards,
Mike.
Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
Next : CCNP Route

Comments

• S0cratesS0crates Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That is a well done document. Thank you!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    S0crates wrote: »
    That is a well done document. Thank you!
    I "stuck it" in the forum so I could find it again and rep mike when I've "spread around" enough to hit him up again..... but I guess I can leave it stuck to make it easy for others to find if enough of you think it's useful :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent notes man! You keep it up and CBT Nuggets will not be getting anymore of my money! Good job again on the notes.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I "stuck it" in the forum so I could find it again and rep mike when I've "spread around" enough to hit him up again..... but I guess I can leave it stuck to make it easy for others to find if enough of you think it's useful :D
    Thanks mikej412, I'm kinda proud to have a sticky threadicon_cheers.gif

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikem2te wrote: »
    I'm kinda proud to have a sticky threadicon_cheers.gif
    I'm pretty sure this one is #2 :D Your CCNA:Security notes post was your first. icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this one is #2 :D Your CCNA:Security notes post was your first. icon_cool.gif
    Oh cool. I didn't notice that is sticky as well:D

• luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Really solid notes mate :) keep up the good work
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Excellent notes man! You keep it up and CBT Nuggets will not be getting anymore of my money! Good job again on the notes.

Seriously! Between CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal, the costs of the actual exams and purchasing of needed equipment for lab.....oh yeah, and books!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Seriously! Between CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal, the costs of the actual exams and purchasing of needed equipment for lab.....oh yeah, and books!

We are a rare breed who actually smile when buying that stuff though, even when it puts a dent in our pocket.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Jupiter_MJupiter_M Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting these. I'm working on this exam now, and these look very useful.

Since the CCNA Voice comes in two flavors, I'll mention that these notes are for the 640-460 CCNA Voice (IIUC); commercial option.
  • anthonyg2879anthonyg2879 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would love notes on the 642-436 ....

u think it would be a waste of time to take the test 642-460 by February 28th?

i wont have time to take the 642-436 by then .. so then i would have to take the 640-461, which is 642-460 as well ...

so its like taking things twice .. not sure if i should just wait and take the ICOMM v8.0???

when u pass the 642-436 u become ccna voice certified ...?
    in some places i have read .. no matter which one u take .. u become ccna voice certified but then on the cisco website .. they say only if u pass the cvoice one u become ccna voice certified ...??? confused

also from what i am reading cvoice 640-436 is a tougher, more involved test .... if u have no experience with VoIP u should start with Voice IIUC. ......??
    Certs:
    TIA : CCNT, CTP
    COMPTIA : Network+, working on Server+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, working on Cisco Security, then hopefully Cisco Voice or Wireless
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    Thanks for your efforts, I will put these to good use.

J
  • ODNationODNation Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    These notes are freaking excellent. I made a career change from the Wintel world to Contact Center, and these notes will make a great addition to the notes that I've been taking.
  • danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Hey nikem2te, thank you so much for this note. It's so easy to read and through it all, straightforward. Oh my, I think I am going to stick with this while I go for CCNA voice training. Thanks bro.
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your notes.
    I am committed to passing the 640-461 within one month so your notes will be very helpful.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Great notes! I'm just starting my CCNA Voice study, but just started a very VoIP heavy role with no prior experience, and these quick reference notes seem very helpful for translating all the lingo from VoIP talk from my coworkers.

Huge thanks again, these will be getting printer and set on my work desk tomorrow :)
  • hjsmith5hjsmith5 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    please can i get those notes for ccna security , i also need it and as well for ccna too if you have .