Passed 290 today

mofia77mofia77 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed 70-290 today with an 831 but very disappointed in that score icon_sad.gif

Got a 968 on my XP exam but this 290 exam was nothing like the MS Press book...the sims and my 4yrs+ work experience saved me here.

I used just MS Press to study...won't be making that mistake again...

Starting reading for 70-291 tonight!

Comments

• CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the pass!

Once again I'm trailing behind you on the same exam.

Good Luck on 291.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I found that the 290 exam was simular to the MS press book.
    We're both talking about the same book correct?
    This one: http://bookreviewsandmore.ca/uploaded_images/70290B-797364.jpg
  • jhmedjhmed Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking it this coming Monday, and all I've used is the MS Press book. You guys are scaring me.

I'll let you know my results and my thoughts Monday...
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    jhmed wrote: »
    I'm taking it this coming Monday, and all I've used is the MS Press book. You guys are scaring me.

I'll let you know my results and my thoughts Monday...

Do you have any kind of lab, that you are working from?
    Do you have any kind of lab, that you are working from?

Yes, I have some VMs I've been using when doing the practices in the MS Press book.

I wasn't able to write today because Prometric had booked me into a testing center that canceled their contract with Prometric back in October, so when I showed up with my confirmation email ready to write they (while very sympathetic) had to turn me away.

I need to wait to rebook until I can find out when I can get the time off work again.
  • physicskidphysicskid Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had mine last Saturday. Unfortunately, I scored 583. I used my Second Shot voucher and I'm going for a free retry Mar 15 (the earliest my only test taking centre has :P)

Congratulations on the pass at least!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    physicskid wrote: »
    I had mine last Saturday. Unfortunately, I scored 583. I used my Second Shot voucher and I'm going for a free retry Mar 15 (the earliest my only test taking centre has :P)

Congratulations on the pass at least!

Good to see you back around and good luck! Take a look at the MCSE Core exams in a Nutshell book if you can get a copy. Very good resource.
    Passed with an 812 today. Nine sims.

Not my best score, but I'm happy it's over. There was one question that I don't remember reading about in the MS Press book.

I think using the MS Press book was fundamental in my passing grade...