Interesting Interview

I Went for an interview this am for a security engineer role. It was both interesting and a little bizarre. The job description is a little strange too and as usual trying to get any real information from the agent was like pulling teeth.
The interview was fairly informal and a little wishy washy. The questions were vagueish and answers similarly so that applies both ways. I really got the impression they took my CV skills etc as read but were interviewing me purely to find out if I'd fit in the team. I know they have a couple of others to see and no doubt that applies to all of them.

From what I gather it would be in a team around 10 people I would be sole responsible for security get to get my hands on checkpoint again (R70 icon_smile.gif) and a few new things. So sounds quite good. Oh and they PAY for training lol

That said I'm not convinced how I did in the interview without the focus of technology it was hard to steer the conversation.
They were quick to mention benefits etc that come as part of the package, but I wasnt paying much attention as we were walking out the door to go look at the comms room.

Anyways should find out next week but not holding out much hope, not that I'm 100% convinced I'd take it if offered, but I'll worry about that later.
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    ... but not holding out much hope, not that I'm 100% convinced I'd take it if offered, but I'll worry about that later.

Did you not get a good vibe from the interview ?
    Kam.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds kinda weird. I hate those type of interviews.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Did you not get a good vibe from the interview ?

Think thats probably why I wont get it, it was ok, but not an instant click that I think they are looking for :-/
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Think thats probably why I wont get it, it was ok, but not an instant click that I think they are looking for :-/

Not necessarily, sometimes you would be surprised. I have had an interview before that was an instant click, everything went great, the guy and I got along TOTALLY 100%, like we could have been best friends, he showed me around the building, showed me fellow workers that I would work with, said he would call to follow up with me. I thought FOR SURE I bagged that job the way he was acting, and then I got a call, BAM, you were not selected as the one to be hired. I was actually REALLY shocked. So, until they call, keep your hopes up!!!
    Sounds kinda weird. I hate those type of interviews.

I'm starting to find more interviews are going along this line, not sure if its a new technique or not? Or maybe just the level of roles I'm now going for but I can usually pick the bones out of the dialog and answer the questions within. This time I just struggled along maybe I'm outta practice lol
    Well got confirmation today that I didnt get it. I lost out to someone who had more checkpoint experience than I currently posses. I havent worked with it for a few of years so no worries.
    I had contact with the agent a couple of times over the last few weeks and was told I was still in the running, but to be honest I'd given it up after 3 weeks.

Ah well onwards to the next one, luckily I'm not desperate in as much as my current role pays the bills just not quite demanding enough for me.