re sat for the cissp on feb 13 2009

failedcisspfailedcissp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello all,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I retook the test last saturday.

As you all know, i got 692 last time icon_sad.gif

hoping for a better re$ult this time!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If you restudied your worst domains and retook the exam soon after your first, you'll pass this time.

And I'm looking forward to you changing your TE member name too. ;)
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    good luck and like Jd if you put the work in I'm sure you'll pass icon_smile.gif

fingers crossed for you.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • failedcisspfailedcissp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks i'll let you know ncool.gif
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    As you all know, i got 692 last time icon_sad.gif

First off, good luck. Going through it once was more than enough for me, I could not imagine doing it twice!

Second, 692 is so close. Did you ever ask for a manual recount? (No ISC2 is not in Florida)
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
    (No ISC2 is not in Florida)
    The (ISC)2 offices are in Palm Harbor, FL.
    wow,

are you allowed to ask for a manual recount?

or was that a joke lol icon_redface.gif
    Yes, if you score is close to passing, you can send an mail to registrar@isc2.org and ask for a reassessment of your exam scoring.
    what should i do since i just took the test again last saturday?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    what should i do since i just took the test again last saturday?

Sit back and wait. You passed, right? ;)
    dynamik wrote: »
    Sit back and wait. You passed, right? ;)

icon_silent.gif
    at least i know i can ask for a recount if i don't pass this time :)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    if i don't pass this time :)
    Not passing this time isn't an option!! At least not until the end of the torture period where they make you wait for your result. Until then, our expectation is that you passed.

If you want to use this time between the exam and getting your result to review anything you felt weak on this time, that's fine. But I prefer to think of this as getting better prepared to represent CISSPs world wide with your knowledge and skills when you get your pass and your paper work submitted and verified.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The (ISC)2 offices are in Palm Harbor, FL.

d'oh, I guess a recount is required.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • shamizzle79shamizzle79 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First time I took the exam I got a 696. Second time I passed.

I would say with a 692, 1 week of study and you should be fine.
    so i failed again...this time i did worse icon_confused.gif:

i already emailed isc to see if i can get a recount on my first score of 692...if nothing good comes out of that i prob won't take the test again...

icon_cry.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    so i failed again...this time i did worse icon_confused.gif:

i already emailed isc to see if i can get a recount on my first score of 692...if nothing good comes out of that i prob won't take the test again...

icon_cry.gif

Dude, suck it up! You're so close; don't give up now!
    I'm really sorry to hear that. If the audit fails give yourself a while to mentally and emotionally recover before deciding not to take the exam again. You may just need to use different study tactics to help you to learn the material better.
    how does the audit work?

will they just email me back saying they are rescoring my test?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    if nothing good comes out of that i prob won't take the test again...
    Fall back. Regroup. Get your head back on straight. Go back to the books. Take a Class. See what boot camps people here recommend -- maybe one of the ones offered just before the exam so you're super focused for the exam. Then hit the exam again.

And maybe change your user id to something like CISSPOrBust or IWillCrushTheCISSPExamLikeABugNextTime, or CISSPNextTime for short. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    And maybe change your user id to something like CISSPOrBust or IWillCrushTheCISSPExamLikeABugNextTime, or CISSPNextTime for short. :D

gutted for you icon_sad.gif some good advice here especially the name change lol Give it a go be MORE positive.

Seriously take some time out relax and have a rethink. You are SO close to quit it now, dont let the scores put you off WHEN you pass you dont get a score anyways so they dont matter icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    thanks for the support.

I heard back from isc and they are re scoring my test. they say it should take up to 10 days.

How I studied last time:

shaun harris book
    cccure.org ( about 100 questions a day )
    took a boot camp taught by clement dupuis

:/
    I heard back from isc and they are re scoring my test. they say it should take up to 10 days.

Did they say which test they were going to re-score?
    i told them specifically to rescore my 692 score
  • m130m130 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I got my results back also for the 3rd. time. I got a 671 and I have asked for a recount. May not do any good but I can't hurt after paying for all of this with my own money. The pencils I had didn't erase very well and I wonder if this could have made a difference on the auto grading. In this economy its is getting harder to pay the dough to keep taking and a bootcamp would kill me with a wife and three kids. If this doesn't work out, which I don't anticipate it will, I guess I will revamp and study and retake it agian...sometime. It's a career move but at the same time I can't go bankrupt doing this. I wonder at what point do I just move on and accept it?

Shon Harris
    MP3s Shon Harris about everynight.
    Practice questions CCCure
    CISSP for dummies
    watched all of Shon Harris videos
    Went to a boot camp once on 1st test
    Eric Conrad book all the way through.
    Flashcards
    Study partner

What am I missing icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
    m130 wrote: »
    What am I missing icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
    The actual CISSP study material published by the (ISC)2 are highly recommended. If the vendor of a certification also publishes study materials for the same cert, it's usually a good idea to use them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.