Options

3560-12PC-S PoE

BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys
As i have started playing with Cisco stuff again i have realized i dont have any good switches to play with Only 2 2950's icon_cry.gif
So any way i installed a 3560-12-s a few days ago and liked the package but as it came with IP-BASE and there was no need for anything funky it was installed as a basic PoE Access switch.
What i would like to know is your thoughts on this switch in a home lab with IP-Services loaded on it.
It would be used for a CCNA-V and also as part of CCNP studies looking good to me but would love comments from you guys.

Cheers

J

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You're going to buy a 3560 with the IP Services licenses? Last time I looked, they were $$$$$$$ and they're not like the 3550 where you can "upgrade" by just replacing the IOS file.

Apart from that, they're very nice switches and will do you well for a long time.
  • Options
    I Was aiming to buy an IP Base and just upgrade it.
    after looking through the ios for the device i did not see that i would need anything apart from the ios,
    as far as i can tell there is the same requirments for ip-base and ip-services Am i missing somthing ?

If so thanks for catching me

J
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I haven’t worked with the 12 port but the 24 and 48 port 3560s can be upgraded just like the 3550s. I think you run into a problem with the 3750E – I noticed some license stuff on them.

But yeah, 3560s are really nice - I'm going to snag one after I'm done with the CCVP but for now 3550s and an NME-16ES-1G-P w/3750 IP services IOS are just fine :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    BADfish10 wrote: »
    I Was aiming to buy an IP Base and just upgrade it.
    after looking through the ios for the device i did not see that i would need anything apart from the ios,
    as far as i can tell there is the same requirments for ip-base and ip-services Am i missing somthing ?

If so thanks for catching me

J
    I understand the newer 'E' series 3560 have IOS licensing.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    mikem2te wrote: »
    I understand the newer 'E' series 3560 have IOS licensing.
    Ahh okay. My bad. Plain 3560 is okay then :)
  • Options
    yep just plain!
    I will get a quote for one tomorrow i think they are just a few hundred quid.
    This may be a bargin well by cisco standards will let you know.

J
  • Options
    BADfish10 wrote: »
    yep just plain!
    I will get a quote for one tomorrow i think they are just a few hundred quid.
    This may be a bargin well by cisco standards will let you know.
    If it is just a few hundred then it'd be a bargain. 3550s go for around that anyway.