Student Discounts

apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
Know of any student discounts for hardware, software, or exams?

Microsoft Second Shot - Student Pricing
Expires 30 June 2010

MS Office 2007 Ultimate
Expires 31 December 2010
Usus magister est optimus

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wish MS would do the second shot more often.

College students can also download MS software for free if the school they attend is apart of the MSDN Academic Alliance. They would have to take computer classes in order to obtain the software. MSDN Academic Alliance Home Page

Also students can get discounts off of software from other vendors such as Adobe.
    They just have to find the school they attend from the list.

JourneyEd.com - Academic Software Discounts!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    WGU students have MSDNAA and VMWare and Dreamspark. Most of the practice test sellers will give you a student discount code. I got one from UCertify, it's not too bad, lot of questions and flashcards and stuff.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    earweed wrote: »
    WGU students have MSDNAA and VMWare and Dreamspark. Most of the practice test sellers will give you a student discount code. I got one from UCertify, it's not too bad, lot of questions and flashcards and stuff.

Sweet, free exam voucher via dreamspark for this guy!
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    there's another thread here that's got a lot of great links for student discounts. The one that I've used more than once is the TestOut student discount...~$100/title for their products. It's saved me several hundred bucks so far.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    skrpune wrote: »
    there's another thread here that's got a lot of great links for student discounts. The one that I've used more than once is the TestOut student discount...~$100/title for their products. It's saved me several hundred bucks so far.
    I'm getting the testout for the MCTS: (70-640) for $89.
    Ask and ye shall recieve
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□

How do you get access to MSDNAA, VMWare and Dreamspark? I'm a WGU student...
    How do you get access to MSDNAA, VMWare and Dreamspark? I'm a WGU student...
    You should get a code for MSDNAA soon, you're autoenrolled. Same with Dreamspark and VMWare now. There are discussion threads on these in the IT program community on the WGU Portal.
    You may not get it until you've done your AAV to start your regular classes (Post EWB). Ask your mentor about these.
    If you have difficlty finding them you can contact Dr. Paddock at cpaddock@wgu.edu. (IT Program Community Mentor)
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You should get a code for MSDNAA soon, you're autoenrolled. Same with Dreamspark and VMWare now. There are discussion threads on these in the IT program community on the WGU Portal.
    You may not get it until you've done your AAV to start your regular classes (Post EWB). Ask your mentor about these.
    If you have difficlty finding them you can contact Dr. Paddock at cpaddock@wgu.edu. (IT Program Community Mentor)

Ah I see - thank you! :D