Trying to update the video card in a PE2650 Server 2003

Karl_underhillKarl_underhill Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Trying to update the video card in a PE2650 Server 2003, where can I find a BIOS that will allow a PCI video card?

If you can get this to work, I'll give you $500.00 USD -NOT KIDDING-

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    You need to talk to Dell.

Aside from that, wtf are you loading a PCI (assuming regular PCI) on a 2650 for?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    You need to talk to Dell.

Aside from that, wtf are you loading a PCI (assuming regular PCI) on a 2650 for?

Probably because he's looking to do it on a PE2650...i.e. PowerEdge rackmount server and he's likely limited on his slots.

PCI in servers of that era are not that strange.

To the OP:
    Did your Original GC die? That's would have been an integrated ATI board or such correct?

Can you enter BIOS and disable the on-board card?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    To the OP

Which slots do you have available?

Documentation
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think the Dell server bios will allow for changing the video card from the onboard video card. I know some of them don't anyway.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...