Anyone else have this problem?

2»

Comments

• thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Speaking of dreams, I had this dream last week. In my dream I was working as a IT help desk support. A client called and asking for help, and I told the client that I was going to put her on hold for a few sec. So I did put here on hold in a funny way(let me explain this part). You know when you call a tech support and when they put you on hold, they usually put some music for you. Alright, in my dreams instead of playing some music for the client I started singing a song, I can't remember the song I sang, but it was a love song.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    thehourman wrote: »
    Speaking of dreams, I had this dream last week. In my dream I was working as a IT help desk support. A client called and asking for help, and I told the client that I was going to put her on hold for a few sec. So I did put here on hold in a funny way(let me explain this part). You know when you call a tech support and when they put you on hold, they usually put some music for you. Alright, in my dreams instead of playing some music for the client I started singing a song, I can't remember the song I sang, but it was a love song.

Ahhh the mysteries of dreams. Hey, you never know, people use dreams as motivations too! People use them as reasons to get things done....whatever it takes!!

I've had minor issues calling HP for tech support because it gets routed to India. Whatever VOIP system they have isn't good because the voices break up. It's very hard to deal with that as well as talking to someone over there that's apparently named "Chris"... LOL....
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    What helped me was sticking all my notes to the wall behind my desk, it helped to have everything there in front of me, repetition is the key, there's so many command's and variations.

I go through scenarios in my head everyday and go over simple things....Iv'e passed my CCNA but im still practising the stuff everyday, even if it's just setting up NAT or looking at more advanced things now, it's all about filling in the blanks.

For motivation i looked through CCIE blogs :)
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    hexem wrote: »
    What helped me was sticking all my notes to the wall behind my desk, it helped to have everything there in front of me, repetition is the key, there's so many command's and variations.

I go through scenarios in my head everyday and go over simple things....Iv'e passed my CCNA but im still practising the stuff everyday, even if it's just setting up NAT or looking at more advanced things now, it's all about filling in the blanks.

For motivation i looked through CCIE blogs :)

Thanks, I have notes everywhere as well. I have notes that I created in MS word and then I print them out and place then on the side of my monitor so I can see them as I do things on the PC.

What are you studying for now? CCNA security?
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Yeh kinda, haven't really got round to it yet...heh.

Mainly job searching right now, been applying to every network position that's come up, a few ccna things have come around but it's tough, they still ask for years experience with cisco stuff...so even if it's IT support i'll take it, i just have fun with the cisco thing anyway, that's the key thing..having fun with it :P
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    thehourman wrote: »
    Is that how you setup the routers?
    I have mine facing to the front. I like it clean, but your setup looks good too.

You generally want the side that has replaceable modules and things to plug cables into as being the side flush with the front of the rack. Trying to fit around the back of a crowded wiring closet to replace a failed WIC card *really* sucks. You also don't want to have to connect cables with only your sense of touch in such a situation. It also makes your cable management a bit easier if all your stuff plugs in from the same direction.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    If you have ever had to climb behind a network rack to re-cable you would understand the advantage of having ALL possible connections facing out! I have had racks where you used the Brail Method of finding the proper ports on routers and switches. Not a pretty picture!

Yeah, it only takes one of those situations for you to realize how beneficial a small dental mirror would be in your kit.

And I'm with ya, I'm a fat man, so tight closets with badly mounted network gear is one of the few things guaranteed to put me in a bad mood