Options

SSCP and CISSP head count as of April 2010?

aethereosaethereos Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does any one have access to the member area to pull information on the # of valid SSCP and CISSP cert holders as of today? It'd be great if you could break it down by geographical areas as I'm primarily interested in numbers for 1) California, 2) Massachusetts, 3) Washington DC/Northern Virginia.

I won't have access to this area until my endorsement process is completed, but it would be very nice to know this information.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    When you get access, the link is here. But until then, as of December 3, 2009 for the USA, the CISSP count is 39,255 (63,124 total) and the SSCP count is 659 (991 total). There is no break-down by state.
  • Options
    aethereosaethereos Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    When you get access, the link is here. But until then, as of December 3, 2009 for the USA, the CISSP count is 39,255 (63,124 total) and the SSCP count is 659 (991 total). There is no break-down by state.

Thanks, JD.

I'm surprised at the low number of SSCP holders. I'd expected at >20k active holders. Does anyone know why this is the case? I know there are competing certs, and it's not inexpensive, but that is still appallingly low. Any other more legitimate reasons?
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Because most people feel that the CISSP is a better cert to go for. They think it will bring in more money or that its a good security cert and that no one looks for the SSCP in the job boards. I personally would rather have the SSCP because its a more technical cert from what I have heard and that is what I am more into rather then some tech and some managerial stuff.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    When a product is not selling well it's usually because there is little demand for the product, or the product's sales and marketing campaign isn't very strong or well-targeted. I think the (ISC)2 doesn't do a particularly strong job of marketing the SSCP, and the CSSLP cert seems to be hardly in demand at all.