Passed the 290 a couple of days ago.

plbeatty88plbeatty88 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
So it's all down hill from here right?

I got my A+ toward the end of December, my Network+ in January, my 270 in February.

I'm hoping to be an MCSE by the end of April.

On another note where can I get details/objectives on all the other test's I'm missing(291, 293, 294, 297). CompTIA lays it out on their website, but Microsoft isn't so helpful. --PB

Comments

• Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    I'm hoping to be an MCSE by the end of April.
    You mean by April of 2011?

On another note where can I get details/objectives on all the other test's I'm missing(291, 293, 294, 297). CompTIA lays it out on their website, but Microsoft isn't so helpful. --PB
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
    WIP (Q2 - 2012):
    Undecided
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Either by April 2011 or he meant that he wanted to get his MCSA by the end of April.. that might make a little more sense ;)
  • gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It doesn't make much sense either way. The exams he listed as pending suggest that he means the MCSE. However at his current rate of progression, he could hope to get it by July or August 2010, not April 2011 (that is of course if there are no hiccups).
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • plbeatty88plbeatty88 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I meant to say May. My class for MCSE ends on May 9th. So I'm hoping to have everything done by the end of May.

Also as I said earlier I've been to the Microsoft website before, I know how to locate each particular exam on their site, but when you go to the individual exams it doesn't detail what is on the exams. Like I saw a break down of a retired exam that said the there are: 6 simulations, 6 questions on 5 other topics and 42 questions total.

I was wondering if you guys knew anything like that, because as far as I know Microsoft's website doesn't list anything like that. --PB
  • Norrlands TurkNorrlands Turk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I meant to say May. My class for MCSE ends on May 9th. So I'm hoping to have everything done by the end of May.
    and they call me overly ambitious. Seriously, good luck :)

Regarding the break down of questions types in specific exams, I don't think you can find any info about that. Questions are genuinely random in these exams. I've heard people who had 15 sims in their exams, and I've also heard the ones who had only 4. Your best bet is digesting as much info as possible in your limited time frame and taking the exams.
    WIP (Q2 - 2012):
    Undecided
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    plbeatty88 wrote: »

Also as I said earlier I've been to the Microsoft website before, I know how to locate each particular exam on their site, but when you go to the individual exams it doesn't detail what is on the exams. Like I saw a break down of a retired exam that said the there are: 6 simulations, 6 questions on 5 other topics and 42 questions total.

I was wondering if you guys knew anything like that, because as far as I know Microsoft's website doesn't list anything like that. --PB

you have got to be kidding right?
    You are going to prepare for and pass 6 exams in the next 4 weeks.....icon_rolleyes.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    miller811 wrote: »
    you have got to be kidding right?
    You are going to prepare for and pass 6 exams in the next 4 weeks.....icon_rolleyes.gif

Well... technically it's only the 70-291, 293, 294 he REALLY should be stressing about since he already has his A+ and Network+, that fills his elective and the client exam is pretty easy and stress free (I studied for a whole week and a half and got a 975/1000). He said he's doing a course so who knows how long he's been working on this... I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he's just "starting" his studying for those three exams now.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • brandellbrandell Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow. My goal is MCSA in May. Take the 290 the end of this month, then 291 the end of May. I figure 3 weeks on 290 and 4 on 291 should do it, if not there is the 2nd shot icon_wink.gif