CBT Nuggets or Transcender?

cpohladcpohlad Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which would be the best bang for my buck. I realize they aren't exactly the same price, but they are fairly close.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My first question would be.. are you a student? If so, I would opt for the CBT stuff because the Element K learning material (Transcender) is available via an ACM membership which is fairly cheap (~$19 if I remember correctly). I can't say that I have actually used the material but I have used several CBT Nuggets so I can recommend those.
  • cpohladcpohlad Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, other than the single class I take occasionally.
  • cpohladcpohlad Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think I might spend the money and grab the CBT Nuggets. I have some of the PrepSmart LearnSmart stuff, but my CD is scratched and if I can't recover it I might fork over something.
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    xmalachi wrote: »
    My first question would be.. are you a student? If so, I would opt for the CBT stuff because the Element K learning material (Transcender) is available via an ACM membership which is fairly cheap (~$19 if I remember correctly). I can't say that I have actually used the material but I have used several CBT Nuggets so I can recommend those.

I'm a member of ACM and I didn't even know about this. They have quite the selection of videos to choose from.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why not both? Sure its expensive, but it is also expensive to pay $125 to retake the cert. Better safe than sorry imo.

Plus, it really isn't about passing the test. It is about learning the material to use in a job. Your cert means nothing if on the first day of your new job your peers and manager realize you don't actually know anything and you lose the job.

CBT nuggets is good for learning while Transcender is good for preparing you for the test. If you don't know the material start with CBT nuggets to learn it. If you have already done work with server then maybe you only need practice for the test. (When I did A+ I only used transcender to fine tune some of my skills for the exam, I already had most of the knowledge from school and hands on experience)
    Decide what to be and go be it.