Options

Bootcamps questions and a hello :)

frozensunfrozensun Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

This is my first post but i have been study for a while (got my NP in 2000 and always got it renewed)

Tryed to go after the IE but had work/family and i stopped it.

Now I'm more then ever decided i started to study seriously since September 09 and i will not stop until i get it

To prepare i got the CCIE v2.0 from INE and my plan is to do WKB1 and start to do some WKB II and then go to a bootcamp to solidify all the little killing details.

First i was hesitating between the 3 providers and wanted to got with Narbik but the price diff made me changed my mind.

So my question is have you guys tryed any of the IE/INE bootcamps ?

any recommendation for the instructors ?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I took a Narbik camp last week and it was great. I can't speak much on IPX or INE as I've never done a physical camp of theirs, but the CoDs are great from both. I'm not a huge fan of their WBs as I've been told they're very different from the actual lab.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had considered the IP Expert 10 day bootcamp in Chicago (this week) since it local. But when I saw they claimed to have the world's greatest instructors -- and I never heard of the two instructors they had listed (CCIE 13xxx & 24xxx) I changed my mind. If they hadn't claimed the Best Training AND GREATEST Instructors I probably would have done it.

Internetwork Expert has "The Brians" & Scott Morris & Anthony Sequeira (and a couple others).

Brad at CCBootCamp and Narbik seem to have signed on to the Cisco360 program, so they may not be able to compete on price anymore for their "official 360 offerings."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I had considered the IP Expert 10 day bootcamp in Chicago (this week) since it local. But when I saw they claimed to have the world's greatest instructors -- and I never heard of the two instructors they had listed (CCIE 13xxx & 24xxx) I changed my mind. If they hadn't claimed the Best Training AND GREATEST Instructors I probably would have done it.

Internetwork Expert has "The Brians" & Scott Morris & Anthony Sequeira (and a couple others).

Brad at CCBootCamp and Narbik seem to have signed on to the Cisco360 program, so they may not be able to compete on price anymore for their "official 360 offerings."

Narbik's camp was in Chicago last week (the one I attended). You should have gone!

Edit: The price was ~$3k, which includes the 360 labs at a later date. You contact Micronics to schedule the 360 rack and get the labs.
  • Options
    ColbyG wrote: »
    I took a Narbik camp last week and it was great. I can't speak much on IPX or INE as I've never done a physical camp of theirs, but the CoDs are great from both. I'm not a huge fan of their WBs as I've been told they're very different from the actual lab.

ok cool

i have their their WKB's but i want something different then re-doing a WKB in a classroom environment

One thing about IE their bootcamp is one day less then INE.

If all bootcamps where priced the same i would've choose Narbik>INE>IE
  • Options
    EMcCalebEMcCaleb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    frozensun wrote: »
    ok cool

i have their their WKB's but i want something different then re-doing a WKB in a classroom environment

One thing about IE their bootcamp is one day less then INE.

If all bootcamps where priced the same i would've choose Narbik>INE>IE

Frozen,

Check out Netmasterclass.net also. Although they may not market as actively as some of the others they are OUTSTANDING. Their instructors are very well known within CCIE circles. Caslow and Pavlichenko are legends in the field and wrote "Cisco Certification - Bridges, Routers and Switches for CCIE's" way back in 1998. It was the DEFINITIVE book for CCIEs at that time.

I took their bootcamp prior to passing my lab and everything was top notch.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    EMcCaleb wrote: »
    Check out Netmasterclass.net also.
    Actually, they are now the Cisco360 Program R&S Supplier.

The CIERS1, Mentoring, and CIERS2 can get quite expensive compared to the non-Cisco360 holdouts (INE, IPE).

NLI/CCBootcamp seems to be the Cisco360 Voice provider, so they offer the Cisco360 R&S stuff now too.

Narbik seems to straddling the fence by offering the CIERS1.... not sure if his Bootcamp 2.0 is the CIERS2 equivalent.....

The Cisco360 Program has the time limits on their stuff, while IPE/INE don't have time limits on their materials -- and have their "buyer protection" programs if you don't finish your CCIE in a year.

Check with your preferred vendor first before signing up on the web site -- and try to avoid paying "retail." There may be deals offered to fill up empty seats just before a class if your schedule is flexible -- and you may get a discount just by asking.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    I've planned on doing Narbiks right after I pass the written, then again before I take the lab. As long as theyre still doing the deal where you can take it as many times as you need to.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    your going to want to take narbik's class. he actually teaches and not just provides a sleep(slide) show and free retakes (rack not included but you can rent one). his 2.0 class was awesome.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's hard to compare as usually folks will only use one vendor. I went with INE 2 years back for my Security bootcamp and I thought it was great, when I started on the R&S earlier this year I immediately bought a voucher for another with them. I can't tell you if they are better or worse bootcamp-wise than anyone else mentioned here but I have no qualms recommending them, worth every penny.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    EMcCaleb wrote: »
    Frozen,

Check out Netmasterclass.net also. Although they may not market as actively as some of the others they are OUTSTANDING. Their instructors are very well known within CCIE circles. Caslow and Pavlichenko are legends in the field and wrote "Cisco Certification - Bridges, Routers and Switches for CCIE's" way back in 1998. It was the DEFINITIVE book for CCIEs at that time.

I took their bootcamp prior to passing my lab and everything was top notch.

I DO remember that book :)

Another great book from that time is Cisco Ip Routing by Zinin the OSPF chapter is golden

i know netmaster class but i had to see the whole costing impact of a bootcamp, for 500$ price diff i would hesitate between Narbik/or aother 360 and INE but for 1000 the choice was easy.

I pay everything out of my own wallet

My initial plan was to mix the training providers but economics kicked in

So i booked/payed for august in chicago

I need to finish my WKB 1 and half of the WKB 2 before showing up for camp