Welcome Kit?

jherald02jherald02 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just became MCITP certified...

I have heard that there is a welcome kit that will be sent out but I don't see anything about it on the MCP site.

If there is a welcome kit, what comes with it and is there any action required on my end to receive it?

Thanks,
James

Comments

• drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Not sure for MCITP, but I think MS eliminated most of those in favor of download-able certificates.

Drew
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry you are almost a year too late. Welcome kits died last June. It included a atta-boy letter, sales propaganda from the store and affiliates like Redmond mag, an ID card and a printed certificate.

The ID card is gone forever, the atta-boy letter became an email if on file, and the propaganda is on the MCP site. Once you register, the left menu tells you all the benefits. you can navigate to a print certificate function or a buy one option. The buy one is $11 for the first and .99 cents for each different cert up to 6 per order. They are decent heavy stock semi-glossy like a book cover.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Damn, those MCP/MCSA/MCSE pins made nice fridge magnets icon_sad.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Though it was crap i still liked the pins.

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Killermac wrote: »
    Though it was crap i still liked the pins.

KM

Add an extra $5 on the exam fee, and give us the stuff that we earned.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    humble2007 wrote: »
    Add an extra $5 on the exam fee, and give us the stuff that we earned.
    Umm no thanks, and for it to be $5 in Microsoft's pocket it would end up being more like $20 extra for the exam - again, no thanks.