Network Diagram

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
I am wanting to make a very detailed network diagram of the manufacturing facility in which I work. I want to indentify all hardware, IP addresses, MAC addresses, cable type, port connected to, etc....

Other than visio, does anyone know of software to do this, or am I stuck with doing it with visio?

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Visio is your best bet, but you can do quick mockups on GNS3 at a push (though you won't have anywhere near the flexibility of Visio for edits and detail).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Ok, I have just one more question for you. Do you know where I can get different symbols for visio for the select hardware I have. I did manage to find some Dell 2950 server icons, but I also need:

VoIP:
    ShoreGear 120/24
    ShoreGear SGT1
    ShoreGear T1A
    ShoreTel IP230

Cisco:
    2960G

Dell:

If not, thank you anyway!
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    VisioCafe

Largest collection of templates for different vendors.
    Thanks guys!!!
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well if you just don't care for Visio, some don't, then you might look at its low key competitor for years; Smartdraw. Many find it faster and more intuitive if you only use Visio occasionally. Here is a drill down on their site to the main points for network diagrams; it also imports Visio. I own copies of both, but I own more copies of Visio so I tend to use it more.

Automatic Drawing - Features Overview - SmartDraw 2010
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I prefer Visio to anything else. You could also check out Dia though.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    VisioCafe

Largest collection of templates for different vendors.

It will probably lead you here so a few minutes saved.

Products & Services Visio Stencils - Cisco Systems
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    I just downloaded stencils for all my hardware from VisioCafe. I had to go to ShoretelForums.com for shore stencils. I think I am going to use Visio. Thanks guys! You're always so helpful!