Options

Respect

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
So I am finishing up CCNA2 in the CNA program, and I must say,

I thought I had respect for CCIE's before...

You guys are flipping crazy....

Comments

• Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Wait till you get to the NP. When I started studying for my first Pro exam I thought my head was going to explode.
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Yeah, its pretty crazy what a jump it is from the NA to the NP. Its funny though because when I was initially studying for the NA I thought it was crazy how much material was covered in that track.

On a side note, congrats on passing the written Colby.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    On a side note, congrats on passing the written Colby.

+1 icon_cheers.gif

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats from a non Cisco certified noob. (Might change after I finish WGU)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats as well, I think I may go for CCNA after I graduate this course, I just havent decided if I want to do CCENT-CCNA on straight CCNA.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    ColbyG wrote: »
    Wait till you get to the NP. When I started studying for my first Pro exam I thought my head was going to explode.

My first exam was BSCI, so my head exploded as I read through the first question. Freaking crazy hard!!!
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    Congrats on the written, man i've been away for a while huh?

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's all relative. I vividly remember sitting in the parking lot after getting my CCNA and explaining the Cisco roadmap to my wife, how I might go for the professional level and there was this mythical thing called a CCIE but there was no way in hell we'd ever be able to go for it :).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    It's all relative. I vividly remember sitting in the parking lot after getting my CCNA and explaining the Cisco roadmap to my wife, how I might go for the professional level and there was this mythical thing called a CCIE but there was no way in hell we'd ever be able to go for it :).

Ha, I did this too! I didn't plan on the CCIE at all, and wasn't sure about the NP. It just kind of happens.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lol, yep.. i failed the NA 2 times in '03 before passing in 05 and soon started the NP the bscmn was the first test i took and was pretty hard in my view
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    The NP has not felt that difficult, just really time consuming, more so than Microsoft/CompTia by far. I still think the level of familiarity you need with the concepts involved with the IE LAB makes me feel dumb at the NP level.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    jeanathan wrote: »
    I still think the level of familiarity you need with the concepts involved with the IE LAB makes me feel dumb at the NP level.

Lab, sure. But for the written, as far as I can tell, the NP was a great investment of time and money. I feel like i'm at least familiar with all of the topics thus far and that the NP helped tremendously with that familiarity.