Just passed 70-270

andruku88andruku88 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Thought i would share... sat the 70-270 xp exam today and passed.
I got an 820 score. Am pretty stoked :D

Had a few tricky questions, was glad to see the congratulations.... at the end

I used the MeasureUp practice exams + MS pressbook + the technotes from this website, which were really helpful. thanks Johan Hiemstra

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE and congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    andruku88 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thought i would share... sat the 70-270 xp exam today and passed.
    I got an 820 score. Am pretty stoked :D

Had a few tricky questions, was glad to see the congratulations.... at the end

I used the MeasureUp practice exams + MS pressbook + the technotes from this website, which were really helpful. thanks Johan Hiemstra

Congrats! My test is on satuday.

Would someone mind checking out the practice exam on pro profs? I have read a book and a half, score good on other practice exams but this one I scored 50% on today. The questions sound ridiculous, they can't be what is actually on the exam. Microsoft 70-270 Practice Exam
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    Too bad proprof doesn't have 70-640 tests yet. I took their one for Vista and got royally smoked..lol
    I think proprof tests are going to be generally harder than the actual test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cert!
    Too bad proprof doesn't have 70-640 tests yet. I took their one for Vista and got royally smoked..lol
    I think proprof tests are going to be generally harder than the actual test.

I don't know that I would even classify it as harder. Nuclear Physics seems hard to me because I haven't really studied it. These questions are all questions about XP, but not much that I have really studied because I don't believe that they are going to be represented on the test.

Just seems like a confidence kill, Read my book, watching cbt nuggets (really boring because I learn very very few things) score high on transcender, score high on Skill soft. I am thinking that this test is going to go well. And now I score 50%... do I take this seriously and consider pushing the test back or do I just say the test sucks?
    Decide what to be and go be it.