Project+ study help

wayers22wayers22 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys I'm about 7 chapters into the Sybex Project+ book and I had a question for everyone.

A lot of this stuff seems to be common sense, do you think it would be safe to skim through some of the "obvious" topics? I'd like to skim through as much of this material as I can, it is sooo boring.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Im on the third chapter of the Sybex book. Strangely, Im finding this subject interesting- lot of people have commented on how boring this material is...

Try Ucertify for this exam also, its good. It will help the info sink in.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The material was boring to me at first on the first read. Now I find it alright. In the sybex book, theres some math going on in ch 9. I wouldn't suggest skimming over the material, even though it seems like common sense. It's best to learn the material instead of just passing.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I read the sybex book, and then used ucertify to reinforce that I had read.
  • wayers22wayers22 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    I read the sybex book, and then used ucertify to reinforce that I had read.

How long did you study for the exam?
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wayers22 wrote: »
    How long did you study for the exam?

Probably close to two weeks, but I had some previous PM experience (nothing as formal as what the book describes though).
  • wayers22wayers22 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Probably close to two weeks, but I had some previous PM experience (nothing as formal as what the book describes though).

I'm going to try to finish the book this week and review next week, totalling to three weeks of studying. Hope this is enough.