gatekeeper command

jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
I have been struggling to identify which IOS feature needs to be present to support the gatekeeper command so that my router can act as an H.323 gatekeeper to H.323 gateways.

I attached a couple of images below of what I believe to be the likely culprits. Also, I have an image with "ivs-mz" in the name. Do all "ivs-mz" toting .bin names support gatekeeper? I only have one so I have no way to test this.

Any one else have any experience with this while setting your lab up or did you skip gatekeeper hand on?
Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.

Comments

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

The feature you're looking for is "High Performance Gatekeeper", which should be included in the "ivs" IOS releases. 12.3 should be ok, but if you have access to 12.4T I'd use that instead.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Which platform are you using?

Look for this feature and you should be safe: "H.323 Gatekeeper functionality for IP to IP gateway"

For 26xxXMs:
    12.4(25c) INT VOICE/VIDEO, IPIP GW, TDMIP GW c2600-ipvoice_ivs-mz.124-25c.bin 128 32
    12.4(25c) INT VOICE/VIDEO, IPIPGW, TDMIP GW AES c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-25c.bin 128 32
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    Hi,

The feature you're looking for is "High Performance Gatekeeper"

That'll work too :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    Thanks guys! I've been trying to figure this one out all afternoon; unfortunately it is not within the scope of the CVOICE self study 3rd ed. book.
    c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-25c.bin
    I have this image going to try it out on my 128/32 2650xm I picked up.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may have to bump up the flash for that, the c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs ISO I've seen come in at about 34MB.