question...

UmpyUmpy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
stupid question... on the comptia web site the passing score is : 750 on a 100-900 range, does that make 83% ?

thx

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If they scored it linearly (each question worth same amount) it would. I don't think the test is scored like that though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Well, 764/900 is approximately 85%, which would mean you need 85/100.

I don't think that's entirely accurate though, since the lowest score is 100, not 0.

If you take 100 off of each (since you apparently get that just for paying), you'll need to get 664/800, which is about 83%. That's a little better.

I don't think the questions are weighted since they are basic multiple choice questions. However, they sometimes include ungraded questions, and who knows how those are factored into the equation.

Just don't get anything wrong, and you'll have nothing to worry about. No big deal.
    thx

http://www.techexams.net/forums/security/29828-security-passing-score.html#post201609

By the way, welcome to the forum.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • UmpyUmpy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    azjag wrote: »
    By the way, welcome to the forum.

thank you... I'm doing the exam on friday....
    Didn't notice you were new. Welcome to TE and good luck on your test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Didn't notice you were new. Welcome to TE and good luck on your test.

just did the free preplogic test... and it was really hard... a lot harder than transcender or mesure up, is it a catch to make us buy the other test from them?
    Umpy wrote: »
    just did the free preplogic test... and it was really hard... a lot harder than transcender or mesure up, is it a catch to make us buy the other test from them?
    Usually it is. It's usually pretty representative of their actual test though.
    passed with 825, I'm really happy :)

have a nice week end :)
    Congrats on the new cert!
    You have a nice weekend too and don't celebrate this new cert too much. Well never mind, party down but have a des driver.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass.

CompTIA doesn't release how they grade. Some questions can be 1 point, while others could be 5 points for all we know. There can also be questions worth 0 points, that they stick on to test a question, or maybe give you a difficult question that doesn't count against you, but freaks you out and knocks you off your game.
    Decide what to be and go be it.