How to Use MS Training Kit Book

raptor63raptor63 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just received my MSTC Book for 71 and 72. I plan on taking my 71 mid July. I am very familiar with xp and have used it many years. I will eventually reed compete book but I was wondering if I should take some of there practice quizzes first to see what I am week at and concentrate on that matter or just start from the beginning and work my way through. I just do not want to spend use full days reading material I am familiar with. As I said I will read complete book but reading and studying are 2 different matters. I have all of my days free to work on this so I feel confident in getting up to speed in 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks again for all your help and this forum is the BOSS
icon_study.gif
Currently studying 07-271 :D

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like to read a book cover to cover, even if I already know a particular section. Different books/authors highlight different concepts. Sometimes I'll find a new way to look at a situation that I thought I was already an expert at.

After that I can come back and highlight different areas. I also like using transcender for practice questions. But I don't really start doing them until I am done or nearly done with the book.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • raptor63raptor63 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I like to read a book cover to cover, even if I already know a particular section. Different books/authors highlight different concepts. Sometimes I'll find a new way to look at a situation that I thought I was already an expert at.

After that I can come back and highlight different areas. I also like using transcender for practice questions. But I don't really start doing them until I am done or nearly done with the book.
    thanks for the info
    I will go through book completely--- and then polish my weaknesses
    Currently studying 07-271 :D
    raptor63 wrote: »
    thanks for the info
    I will go through book completely--- and then polish my weaknesses

Not a problem, good luck
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just a key note to add to reading the book, make sure you do the labs and if your book came with the CD then make sure you look over the material on that as well. The labs combined with the practice questions and what not within the book can definitely give you a jumpstart towards being ready for the test.

The other thing I can add to this is just don't overthink the 271, a lot of these questions will probably seem to you as "obviously" and chances are, they will be. With XP being around now for 7 years, it's easy to take into account that some stuff will be more obvious than others. So don't overthink it and you'll do fine.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
    Just to add a little bit to Michael's "obvious answers" and overthinking...

Generally when taking a test, the only time you change an answer is when you for sure know that it is wrong. Maybe you clicked the wrong one, or maybe another question in the test has pointed out the answer to you.

Questions will answer other questions from time to time. Whenever you encounter a question that you aren't sure on, take a guess and mark the question for review. Then after you have completed the test, you migh have a better idea of the answer. This will allow you to spend more time on the question the second time around and not worry about spending too long and not finishing the test.