CompTIA Storage+

wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

I received the following mail from Linkedin Server+ Group, apparently CompTIA is planning for a new certificate..

I will be waiting for the Beta icon_lol.gif
Calling All Storage Networking Experts!
CompTIA is Building a Storage Networking Credential, and you are invited to help.

CompTIA, the world leader in vendor-neutral IT credentials, with over 1.25 million IT professionals certified, is building a certification examination in storage networking and information management. It will be called “CompTIA Storage+”, and it is scheduled to be released in 2011. Complementing the industry leading Network+, Server+, and Security+, the new “CompTIA Storage+” will be a global credential validating skills and knowledge in the fast-growing field of storage networking and information management IT disciplines.

We are looking for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who can validate the skills and knowledge required to perform the tasks of a storage network administrator/manager, and who have extensive and current experience in networked storage, information management, disaster recovery and business continuity. Such experience is normally the result of serving as a storage networking administrator, manager, or data center administrator for a mid- to large-size organization.

When: July 13-16, 2010
Logistics: During the Job Task Analysis Workshop SME’s will meet from Tuesday-Friday from 9 am (central time) until 5pm, working continuously to develop an examination blueprint that is an accurate reflection of the skills and knowledge necessary to manage a storage network infrastructure and the information assets of an organization.

Expense Policy: SME’s are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses; CompTIA will compensate SME’s with a stipend of $300/day for their contributions, and pay for an evening meal and luncheon meals.

Be a part of a brand-new, vendor-neutral credential that promises to be a global leader in validating knowledge and experience in storage networking and information management IT practice area.

Application Process: All SME’s are required to submit their current resumes/c.v. to examdev@comptia.org for consideration. Only those professionals currently working as practitioners in the storage networking/information management disciplines should apply. For additional information please see CompTIA Exam Development .
By Rick Bauer, Director, Product Development at CompTIA

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wow - def will take this beta. Storage+ could be helpful for sure :)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wd40 wrote: »
    Hi,

I received the following mail from Linkedin Server+ Group, apparently CompTIA is planning for a new certificate..

I will be waiting for the Beta icon_lol.gif

You and me both! icon_wink.gif
  • sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    Interesting.. This I would definitely take.

I wonder how long it will take for this to be available.
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sounds cool, never taken a comptia beta before.. how does one get on a list?
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This sounds cool. I wonder if they are going to hook up with the SNIA at some point, like they did with LPI for the new linux+. I think I would take this one.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    This sounds cool. I wonder if they are going to hook up with the SNIA at some point, like they did with LPI for the new linux+. I think I would take this one.

That seems to be their current method lately, that would be cool with me icon_wink.gif
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Piers wrote: »
    sounds cool, never taken a comptia beta before.. how does one get on a list?

It is simple, someone in the forum will some how know about the beta, and start a thread about it :D.

Then you have to register through CompTIA's site and wait.

Then they will send you a mail that you have been selected and ask if you are interested in a voucher for the Beta.

If you accept, they send you a voucher, no strings or prerequisites attached.

My PDI+, DHTI+ and Server+ are Beta's, I had a Linux+ voucher but I passed because I was not ready to take the exam, I got them all the same way.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Quite interesting. I might have to look into this.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As seen on CompTIA's Server+ Linkedin page:
    A chance of 1:20 to win an official T-Shirt, open to people in USA only.
    CompTIA is researching the storage certification and training industry. Help us by taking a 10-minute survey; win one of hundreds of t-shirts being given out.

IT Storage Practices and Certifications

Sign In | LinkedIn
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I hope I get a shirt, that would be cool.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    wd40 wrote: »
    As seen on CompTIA's Server+ Linkedin page:
    A chance of 1:20 to win an official T-Shirt, open to people in USA only.

Cool find. I did the survey.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Same here. Good luck everyone. :D
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah thanks for the heads up. Good find!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Hey, if a beta's coming, I'm sitting for it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How can I join? I want storage+ badly =) worthwhile cert, will gain recognition similar to server+\sec+
    Needs 100K
  • TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nevermind, beta signup not available YET xD
    Needs 100K
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    any update on this?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    any update on this?

Update I read last week.

CertCities.com | Column: CompTIA Working On Storage Certification

And for the first time ever. I filled out a survey and received a shirt.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    any way to get a free beta? ;D
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
    any way to get a free beta? ;D

Last time I checked the beta's were free. You just have to sign-up when they offer them. Hopefully it's not like the server+ beta I took.

For those who are new here, a link to it.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/server/42491-anyone-else-get-invite-server-2009-beta.html
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I'm not sure if I'm gonna take this one.

I noticed a significant overlap between CompTIA Server+ & SNIA SCSP exams .

So now we will have two vendor neutral storage certs: SNIA and Storage+ ....
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    yea i need to figure out how to get in on the beta of this one
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    UnixGuy wrote: »

Seeing how Storage plus will be "powered" by SNIA I'd imagine that there would be a lot of the same objectives.

I am going for this when the beta comes out.
    UnixGuy wrote: »

Who knows, they may do the same thing with the Storage+ certification as they did with the Linux+ and LPI. Two certs for the price of one. Either way a storage cert is a big part of my winter studies next year. Yes I am planning that far ahead.
    Currently Studying:
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any news about this?
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I knew it. I wish I knew where I said it so I could prove it.

What you mean this comment?

Look on page one of this thread I don't want you to stress over it :)icon_lol.gif

I think CompTIA is done going it alone on new certs.; they cost too much to develop.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i want in beta still if any one sees this
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

LOL!!!!

TheShadow wrote: »
    What you mean this comment?

Lol. I knew Comptia's lazy butts were going to use the SNIA to make their "Storage+". I just like the new Linux+. I'm ok with that though icon_thumright.gif I would still take the beta. That and the Advanced Security beta as well.