LPIC or RHCE?

hanklianghankliang Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear all,
I want to get certification on Linux, but i don not know which i should get. LPI or Redhat? I also want to get more support from you. Such as your experienc or knowledge. My mail is sharetech@foxmail.com, look forward for your news!

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't think it's wise to put your email out there like that. It's best that you use the pm feature that this site has and go from there.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Totally off- topic, I wonder jamesleecoleman does the Life+ certificate really exist? Which is its governing body? Is the exam available via Prometric/ VUE? icon_lol.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    What JLC said is a good idea, edit out your email. There are some spam lurkers in here who will jump at it.
    If you're fairly new to Linux you should probably go with the LPIC. I'm looking to get the Linux+ somewhere down the road after I finish my MCITP:EA. I've been playing with Ubuntu and Fedora and reading a couple Linux books on the side to ease into the cli.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hankliang wrote: »
    Dear all,
    I want to get certification on Linux, but i don not know which i should get. LPI or Redhat? I also want to get more support from you. Such as your experienc or knowledge. My mail is sharetech@foxmail.com, look forward for your news!

If you have no (or very little) professional exp with *nix go with LPIC-1. There are several threads on how to start this including one very good one 1 thread down from this one.

IF you are working with RH/CentOS servers, start studying for the RHCT. Just know that the red hat test are lab based and are quite difficult for a noob. Not impossible though.
  • hanklianghankliang Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't think it's wise to put your email out there like that. It's best that you use the pm feature that this site has and go from there.

Thanks for your remind and reply! I will be mind next time!
    varelg wrote: »
    Totally off- topic, I wonder jamesleecoleman does the Life+ certificate really exist? Which is its governing body? Is the exam available via Prometric/ VUE? icon_lol.gif

I don't fully understand what you mean. But LPIC is available both on Prometric and VUE.
    So i think it's covenient for me to take it.
    earweed wrote: »
    Welcome to TE!
    What JLC said is a good idea, edit out your email. There are some spam lurkers in here who will jump at it.
    If you're fairly new to Linux you should probably go with the LPIC. I'm looking to get the Linux+ somewhere down the road after I finish my MCITP:EA. I've been playing with Ubuntu and Fedora and reading a couple Linux books on the side to ease into the cli.

I wonder to know the level status of LPIC exam. I want to attend exam but don't know if my level can pass it. It's a hard decison.
  • zobo88zobo88 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hankliang wrote: »
    Dear all,

RHCE has a class of its own, its like CCIE of Linux
    you can't compare it with LPI
    If you are new to Linux than 1st take LPIC 1 to get a know of things, after-wards you can go for RHCE