70-685 before 70-680?

xkheperaxxkheperax Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do you need to take the 70-680 before the 70-685?

Also if anyone has any info on the exam or study notes that they would like to share with me I definitely would appreciate it.
Network+ Certified Nov 2008

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It doesn't really matter what order you take them. The 685 builds off the 680 though so it would probably be wise to take them in order.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter what order you take them. The 685 builds off the 680 though so it would probably be wise to take them in order.

Exactly...
  • xkheperaxxkheperax Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see...For the 70-680 do you guys have a recommended study guide? I currently have the 70-685 MS Press book and have been through the 70-685 CBT nuggets.

Unfortunately I get free access to any CBT nuggets series through work and they do not have a 70-680 series out yet.

Thanks again guys.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    xkheperax wrote: »
    I see...For the 70-680 do you guys have a recommended study guide?

The only decent (and I say that with reserve) book out there is the MS Press. I recommend also reading all the TechNet links on Claymoore's post.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/42480-71-680-resources.html

I am taking the test Thursday and afterward I will write what I think of it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    xkheperax wrote: »
    Unfortunately I get free access to any CBT nuggets series through work and they do not have a 70-680 series out yet.

Thanks again guys.
    There aren't many training videos out for windows 7 yet. Trainsignal doesn't have one out yet either. Learnkey has one and VTC has one and I haven't heard anyones opinions yet on how goodd they are.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • xkheperaxxkheperax Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The MS Press book for the 70-685 was alright I thought, kind of missed on a few areas but, the 70-685 CBT nuggets did a pretty decent job of hitting on the missed subjects.

I guess I will stick with the MS Press books and order the 70-680.