Great tutorial for Subnetting

thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
All,

I wanted to share this blog link with you because if any of you are like me, I'm having an unusually rough time learning subnetting using traditional microsoft training. However, I stumbled upon this guy's blog and he makes it so easy to understand that I'm questioning why I didn't get this earlier. :)

Subnetting Made Easy And Other Cisco Tidbits: Subnetting Made Easy - Critically Acclaimed!

Enjoy!!

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Has anyone ever seen the CBT nuggets for the 291 where James Conrad teaches subnetting? I don't understand why it works. It is an extremely short way of doing it (which I forget at the moment because it didn't look like it should work)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • thatguy85thatguy85 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I watched it and didn't quite understand it for some reason. Or maybe I just forgot it and found this, then thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My brain is fried from studying.
    thatguy85 wrote: »
    thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

hmmmm, if I sliced this... I bet if I could make myself a sandwich...
  • TrueliesTruelies Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen the CBT nuggets for the 291 where James Conrad teaches subnetting? I don't understand why it works. It is an extremely short way of doing it (which I forget at the moment because it didn't look like it should work)

Sometimes the method of James Conrad will give you a wrong result... anyway just verify accurately the question, if it asks for a certain number of subnets, first calculate the subnets!
    Truelies wrote: »
    Sometimes the method of James Conrad will give you a wrong result...

I was thinking it would, but I'm also not a subnetting genius.