Can this be done with Word ? Flashcard 'creator' using labels

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
I am in the process of creating a LOT of flash cards for several study purposes.

Attached you can see an example using "labels" in Word.

Left sheet shows the questions, right sheet the answers. So I first print the first page, turn the sheet around and re-feed it to the printer.

Because of that the answer sheet is mirrored obviously (Answer to the left question is on the right on sheet #2).

Does it makes sense so far ?

Now the question of the question, is there ANY way to get some sort of input fields using macros ? Basically it pops up for me to enter the question, I click 'ok', it asks me for the answer, I click 'ok' and it puts the answers into the cells as in the example. As labels are only on one sheet I have to use mail merge in order to create more than just one page.

Is there a way to do this ? Or rather, can someone tell me how :) I know it requires Macros but I have NO idea how as I never ever touched macros .....

Or is there a better way ?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What about typing them in excel then mail merge?
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    What about typing them in excel then mail merge?

I am even worse with Excel :)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why can't you put into a table (or excel) and then cut and paste to reverse it up.

Then when you are printing, you can print all the odd pages, flip the whole stack around and then print all the eves. Rather than switching each sheet individually.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Why can't you put into a table (or excel) and then cut and paste to reverse it up.

Then when you are printing, you can print all the odd pages, flip the whole stack around and then print all the eves. Rather than switching each sheet individually.

Yea thought about that too but I wanted to limit errors being made :)

All it takes to ruin an (expensive) set of card sheet (10 cards / sheet with possible 50-100 sheets) is ONE answer / question offset :)

But I just thought about the most obvious solution ... iPhone ... Why using cards if you have an iphone lol - flashcards deluxe offers import per excel / word / notepad / copy and paste and even better - via quizlet .. Didn't know the quizlet site but the sets I was about to build are already there so I rather thank someone for doing the hard work and grab it :):)
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    I have some of these: Amazon.com: Avery® White Shipping Labels for Laser Printers with TrueBlock Technology, 2…

And then I just input whatever I need into the word template that Avery provides.