Need help on security+

kishan619kishan619 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am master degree student.i have no experience. so can i do security+ directly.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There's no specific requirement that you have experience, just a recommendation. It's also recommended that you have your A+ and Net+ first as the tests tend to build off of each other a lot.
    It is highly recommended that you study the material for the test. Go to www.comptia.org and get a download of the exam objectives and get a good book. This book Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books is one of the best you can find.
    Good luck in your studies.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    There's no specific requirement that you have experience, just a recommendation. It's also recommended that you have your A+ and Net+ first as the tests tend to build off of each other a lot.
    It is highly recommended that you study the material for the test. Go to www.comptia.org and get a download of the exam objectives and get a good book. This book Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide (9781439236369): Darril Gibson: Books is one of the best you can find.
    Good luck in your studies.

I whole heartedly agree. I watched the Nuggets for this exam and read Darill's book front to back and Darill's book definitely takes the cake.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't know about Darrils book before I took the exam. The Sybex study guide was ok and then with Labsim/testout thrown in I squeezed out an 855
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    kishan619 wrote: »
    i am master degree student.i have no experience. so can i do security+ directly.

A master's degree in what?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As others have said, anyone can take the test. If you are just entering IT, this shouldn't be your first stop. Usually people go A+, Net+, Sec+, as they build on each other.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    I took it and passed without much issue and I didn't have much experience in the Security realm. I did have a lot in the IT industry though.

DO study... and use Darril Gibson's book... Get Certified Get Ahead.
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    redline5th wrote: »
    DO study... and use Darril Gibson's book... Get Certified Get Ahead.

.. and do some research on your own. Darrils book is good but to me there needs to be more real world examples. I'm taking this on the 10th (I hope) and I will make my notes available sometime soon.