Loosing motivation

impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
I failed this month windows 7 exam, and I begin to re-study to sit down this week, but for any reason I feel that I lost motivation for this exam. Come on, sometimes is difficult to keep focus
Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We all fall at some point in our lives; its how we get back that makes us who we are. I'm not sure if MS is doing second shot still (I thought it was till the 30th) but if it is indeed still active you got a free shot at it if you can study up for the next 9 days. The test should have shown you your weak points; use that as a guide for studying for the retake.
  • MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pls dont lose ur motivation. The 2nd shot is still on so just as rouge2shadow said. Study your week point and retake the exams. If you remember some of the questions try and study them.
    Tip--- Take time and study bout automated deploying, WAIK etc cos the exams really focus on it. Unlike Vista.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Micernest wrote: »
    Pls dont lose ur motivation. The 2nd shot is still on so just as rouge2shadow said. Study your week point and retake the exams. If you remember some of the questions try and study them.
    Tip--- Take time and study bout automated deploying, WAIK etc cos the exams really focus on it. Unlike Vista.
    +1 I've been hearing horror stories about the Windows 7 exam. You need to think about everything in a enterprise environment. You're not alone in this as a lot of people have failed this exam.
    I've been studying Windows 7 a little with the intent of taking the 70-680 eventually and I've noticed the difference in what MS expects you to know for 7 over what we had to know for the Vista exam.
    Study up on your weak points and retake the exam. Since you now know your weak points you can concentrate on those and knock this exam out of the park.icon_wink.gif
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The exam is hard and pretty unpredictable but i'm sure you will do better. Take a rest for day or too then study really hard and try to make it before June 30th at least you will not have to pay again. Good Luck
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    impelse wrote: »
    I failed this month windows 7 exam, and I begin to re-study to sit down this week, but for any reason I feel that I lost motivation for this exam. Come on, sometimes is difficult to keep focus

Take time off. There is nothing wrong with that. I am losing a bit of motivation at the moment. I just ordered 10 new books and now I am losing motivation lol. I have 1 more certification set up and I am going to take an extended break.
    Maybe just chilling out with the Windows 7 book and not really thinking about the certification, but just learning the material might help out. When you add extra pressure to yourself sometimes you lose track of what is really important. Learning the material.

Heck I failed Project +, and a lot of people breezed through that. I didn't see enough ROI in retaking it again, but I do read through the book, to make sure I have the basic principals. I would use that approach for Windows7
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

I studied some weaks points like Mobile computing (I do not know networking is my area but I do not managed well the cache and Toredo, jajajajaj). I improved a lot backups and my stron part in the exam was deployment (100%), I never did desktop deployment.

Thanks again for your support, I will sit next Thursdays and I will let you know.

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think everyone here is on the right track. There is no problem with losing motivation from time to time. I would advise to suck it up until you pass this exam since you have already studied for it and are close to getting a pass. After that, take a couple months off and enjoy the other parts of your life. Try and take a couple days off work too and go on a mini vacation or something.

Hopefully knowing that after you pass this test you will have time off will help you get your nose back on the grindstone.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    I believe it's only natural after a while to have a disconnect. Everyone needs time off to recharge their batteries (also to maybe re-evaluate their cert goals.) You may find after a week you're ready to get back into it or it may take a few weeks to get there.

Being this close to knocking out the 7 exam I would finish it as others have suggested.
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
    Devilsbane wrote: »

Hopefully knowing that after you pass this test you will have time off will help you get your nose back on the grindstone.

Good. I like this

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Devilsbane wrote: »

That is my motivation, it's my last class at WGU for this semester. Then I have two months before classes begin again. icon_cheers.gif

I failed it last week and am more than a little surprised that I failed it. I think I know what my weak areas are so I'm gearing up to take it again next week.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks guys.

I studied some weaks points like Mobile computing (I do not know networking is my area but I do not managed well the cache and Toredo, jajajajaj). I improved a lot backups and my stron part in the exam was deployment (100%), I never did desktop deployment.

Thanks again for your support, I will sit next Thursdays and I will let you know.

Glad to hear you're back in deck! :)

Make sure to take a look at:
    Microsoft Learning Career Portal: Special Offers
    Microsoft Second Shot Campaign Voucher Form - MCP

It seems all you have to do is call the test center? I hope they do second shot next year too!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

You have decide if you are at the tipping point in your studies. Depending where you are you should either press on and work through this or simply take a break. Failing an MS exam is not the end of the world and you have to look at it in the context of your career in IT being a very long term thing. Not too many people working the career ladder in IT are looking to jump into a completely different field anytime soon. So time is on your side! If you need a break take it. These exams are not going away. Throw your energies into some meaningful work that really will help your career for a while. Spend more time with your family. Then return to studies energised in a few months time.
  • zippie666zippie666 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I did the 70-680 I failed to on my first try but with my second try I passed it. When I just failed a felt a bit down too and wondered if it was worth the hassle, but when you earn your certificate you'll feel proud and you'll be happy that you didn't give upicon_wink.gif
    Current cert:
    MCSA: Windows 7, 8 & Server 2008
    EXIN ITIL v3 Foundation
    EXIN ISO 27002 Foundations
    CIW Web Professional
    Guys I am not saying that because I failed the exam I lost the motivation, I am saying that sometimes you lost the motivation for moments and you do not know why. I was a reflexion sentence for me. this is not my first cert exam that I failed, but happened me with others exams that I passed.

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Guys I am not saying that because I failed the exam I lost the motivation, I am saying that sometimes you lost the motivation for moments and you do not know why. I was a reflexion sentence for me. this is not my first cert exam that I failed, but happened me with others exams that I passed.

There we are then. Just keep at it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you also loose your grammar checker?

Just kidding. Hang in there dude :p
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've lost it as well.. I failed the 682 exam, but knew I probably would, boned up for 2 weeks, took it again with my second shot, failed with a better mark .. my plan was to pass that by the end of April, and take (and if need be re-take) the 646 exam by the end of the 2nd shot expiry.. I haven't looked at the windows 7 stuff since and it was a month before I had the inspiration to open the 646 again (was halfway through when the 682 became available)

Failing and stressors of general life really took it out of me, and it's difficult to get back to it, esp now the weather is getting nicer
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At least you are improving. I think it is a pretty poor idea to give up mid test. Now all of the time that you spent learning is going to be lost. When you do get your motivation back, you are going to have to spend a lot of time relearning stuff that you just learned. And that could be frustrating enough for you to lose your motivation again.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • thomAZthomAZ Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just be glad your not paying thousands of dollars for your test and preparation. Check this thread out, he appears to be more motivated than ever to pass on his third try.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccie/49086-85-days-until-my-ccie-voice-lab.html
    In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology