earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
700..Exactly
I broke down my areas with a ruler..not pretty..lol
Configuring IP Addressing and Services - 78%
Configuring Name Resolution -72%
Configuring Network Access - 73%
Configuring File and Print Services - 20%
Monitoring and Managing a Network Infrastructure - 85%

Considering the only thing I studied the last week was Monitoring & Managing a Network Infrastructure and Print & file services. Print and file services almost failed me. If it had been worth more than 13% I would have failed.
I'm gonna break out the resource measure up recommended for it..Vista Resource Kit. The 70-642 training Kit and Sybex both did me no good in that area.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Interesting. I have this one ahead of me, a retake as well. Please keep us posted.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! A pass is still a pass :)

Good luck with the 70-643, then you can help me with WDS :D
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the 700 club. That's the sweetest score icon_cool.gif
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congrats
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WOW, that was close :D congratulations a pass is a pass like every one said. I got 950 and I did as well lose marks in File and Print (which I thought was the easiest one to study.
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Wow that is close, just remember a pass is a pass, it is no less valid than the guy who got 900+

Well done.
  • irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    za3bour wrote: »
    WOW, that was close :D congratulations a pass is a pass like every one said. I got 950 and I did as well lose marks in File and Print (which I thought was the easiest one to study.
    The weird thing about file and priny services is that I had done a couple practice tests before covering those sectione in the book..and that was my strongest area then (Measure up included with the book) After studying the chapters dealing with file and Print services my performance on that area of the practice tests dropped significantly.
    I don't think the MS Press book covered that area very well. I'm getting on Books 24x7 today and reading the chapters in the VistaResource Kit relating to File and Print Services.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    After studying the chapters dealing with file and Print services my performance on that area of the practice tests dropped significantly.
    Odd. Just liek when I was in highschool my second math ACT score dropped 2 points, despite taking an entire year of college algebra and college physics.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    Congrads man.A pass is a pass like everyone else said.Good luck on the 643!
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    The weird thing about file and priny services is that I had done a couple practice tests before covering those sectione in the book..and that was my strongest area then (Measure up included with the book) After studying the chapters dealing with file and Print services my performance on that area of the practice tests dropped significantly.
    I don't think the MS Press book covered that area very well. I'm getting on Books 24x7 today and reading the chapters in the VistaResource Kit relating to File and Print Services.

I agree 100% that's why I used both sybex and ms books because in my opinion they complete each.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    za3bour wrote: »
    I agree 100% that's why I used both sybex and ms books because in my opinion they complete each.
    The Sybex is a little better in that area than the MS Press Training kit. The Vista Resource kit is WAY better. I would have aced that area if I had used the Vista book for that area

@everyone above- thanks for the congrats and all.
    Started on the 643 studies already. I'm using the MS Press training kit, Sybex, Claymoores sticky resorces, Train signal videos, and for practice tests I'm using Transcender and the included measure up with the book.
    Just got the Trainsignal and so far I like the instructor (Ed Liberman) who does the training. He's using 2k8 R2 but he does make sure to explain the differences to 2k8 when there are any.