CVOICE still give you a CCNA voice?

TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
I'm thinking of getting some voice certifications and was going to start with the 642-436 CVOICE but I've noticed the CCNA voice is a pre-requisite of the CCVP. Does the CVOICE still get you a CCNA voice?

Thanks.

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It certainly does, but I love CUCMExpress and loved the IIUC exam to study for. Give it a look and see if it is worth looking into. I find an understanding of CUCME will help you test out much of the theory you learn in CVOICE. And using the theory makes the exam topics much less boring.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Excellent, thanks for the replies.

I already have a CM7 server setup with a 2621XM router with FXO/FXS cards installed. Can put a CME IOS on too.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Trifidw wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks for the replies.

I already have a CM7 server setup with a 2621XM router with FXO/FXS cards installed. Can put a CME IOS on too.

Hey if you can already use CUCM7 then you are ahead of the game =) go for that.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Chris.MChris.M Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As stated before, you can definitely get your CCNA:Voice through CVoice directly, that is what I ended up doing.

You do miss out on the IIUC / CME specific information though. Depending on your goals you will probally have to learn CME as well.
    "[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools. ~Napoleon"[/FONT]

Completed: CCIE:Voice Written - Passed 4/14/11.
    In Progress: CCIE:Voice Lab - ETA 12/2011.