CCIE Security Material adequate for the CCSP?

kkndkakkndka Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys,
Do you think its a good idea to purchase a CCIE Security bootcamp from one of the major CBT vendors and use it to study for the CCSP?

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i dont think it could hurt.... you'll have to map the bootcamp to the ccsp topics though and weed out what isn't necessary.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think Internetwork Expert has added (or will soon add) a CCSP Class on Demand.

If you're already planning on going for a CCIE Security someday, then the combo of the CCSP COD & the relevent labs from the CCIE Security Technology workbook should work. If you could work a better deal for both the CCSP COD & the CCIE Security Bundle (workbooks & CCIE Security COD) that would be even better.

I think last year they offered a special of the CCIE Voice Bundle which included the CCVP COD. Hopefully they'll offer the same special some time this year for Security.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I think Internetwork Expert has added (or will soon add) a CCSP Class on Demand.

They have and they update the material free for life if I remember right.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I got work to pay for CCNA Sec, CCSP, and CCIE Sec v3 from INE, no live bootcamp though but that's ok, and it cost $1485 total. That includes the entire v3 CCIE as well. Talk to Rob. He hooked it up for me. They've been having deals with 20% off and so forth for a while, just ask Rob and he'll take care of you. I feel like such a shill :p

rob@ine.com