Bad test center-Should I complain to PearsonVue?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I scheduled my 702 test with a VMware test center, and I arrived an hour earlier, well the office was closed. The woman administrating the test arrived late, about ten minutes before my test was about to begin!!! I thought candidates were supposed to arrive half an hour early? The was no secretary for the VM training center ,but I did find a sectary for another company and I asked her if she knew about the VM training center. The woman says “that it’s a girl that opens the VM training center, and she is always running late."
After my test starts I can hear the lady that is administrating my test on the phone talking to her mom through the walls while I’m taking my test. This was a bit distracting...
The whole situation is just unprofessional…
I’m never taking a test at the VM training center..
Should I complain would comp tia, or Pearson vue care ? if I did would they care or do something about it?
Oh yeah and when she did run late I called a few times before I went to the test center, and while I was there and all I got was an answering machine ughhhhhhhh

Deos this kinda junk happen often? I have a regular test cetner that I love to use , but that one was booked, due to it being summer.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know who you would complain to. I don't think CompTIA can do much about it and I'm not familiar enough with pearson to suggest a method. I'm sure there is a feedback link on their website.

No, that experience is not very normal. That girl likely needs to find a new job, and maybe to play it safe you should find a different testing center if one is close by.

Prometric also offers CompTIA tests. I did my CompTIA tests with pearson and liked them more, but I have also done tests with Prometric too. I have I had an experience like what you did from either.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Testing centers vary by location. I've had some bad ones (people talking, construction work going on). You could make a complaint to Vue, but I'm not so sure it's going to help. I would just try to steer clear of this one and use the one you are used to.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've only tested at Prometric centers so I'm not sure exactly what kind of thing another testing center would offer as far as customer service goes. I do know that Prometric actually offers a survey that you can take as soon as you finish your exam. This survey pretty much covers your experience with the test center, and you can rank the test centers service based on specific details, there's even a comment section at the end of it if I remember correctly so you can be more detailed.

I'd contact the company that the testing center represents and see if they have a feedback line of some sort. You can check their official website as well, definitely report them as I'm sure most of that is against that testing centers contract with Pearson Vue.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you call Pearson Vue or Prometric they take feedback seriously. Fortunately I have one of the best test centers ever within an hour of my house. There used to be a GREAT testing center in Baton Rouge but it went south quickly when new ownership took it over. It got shut down for rampant cheating. The proctors would just go to lunch and leave an exam room completely full of people cheating their butts off.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never mind bad idea
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    If you call Pearson Vue or Prometric they take feedback seriously. Fortunately I have one of the best test centers ever within an hour of my house. There used to be a GREAT testing center in Baton Rouge but it went south quickly when new ownership took it over. It got shut down for rampant cheating. The proctors would just go to lunch and leave an exam room completely full of people cheating their butts off.
    If you happen to be taking an exam and other test takers are cheating, what is the best thing to do? Stop your exam, walk out, and report them? Finish your exam, and report them? Or just finish your exam and never go back? Would Prometric or VUE refund your exam, or do a free reschedule? I would be nervous of being accused of cheating, have test results invalidated, etc.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good question. I would imagine that it owuld depend, if they caught them red-handed, or were just using your word... catching them red-handed, they should give you another voucher for sure. But if what you saw can't be substantiated, I dunno... they might see it as you just being disruptive.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    colemic wrote: »
    Good question. I would imagine that it owuld depend, if they caught them red-handed, or were just using your word... catching them red-handed, they should give you another voucher for sure. But if what you saw can't be substantiated, I dunno... they might see it as you just being disruptive.

Typically every square inch of the test center is video taped, so it should be pretty easy to catch them red handed. Just pull up the video from that day at that time. They are often audio record as well. So she has already been caught red handed showing up late, and they will easily see the phone conversation, and should also be able to capture what she was saying (to confirm it is nothing work related) and a volume level.

Also other people may have already complained about this, so while 1 complaint alone might not do anything, you might be the last straw.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would think VM would want to know.

I've been stuck in closets with filing cabinets and the employees keep coming in to work and filing and finding things. They are talking while they are doing this and I could hear talking thru the door.
    The last time that I went to this place, I was not even asked for identification. Which would be clearly a violation. Also, another time the place opened late. After my test was to have started.
    The place is closed now and I have to drive at least 40 minutes now to a testing center.

The ones that I've been to lately were professional ran. So, I'll be going back to those.

If you can file a complaint. If it is that bad look at going to another testing center.
    If the bad testing center is not being ran properly, it needs to be reported. There are certain guidelines which must be followed. An improperly ran testing center lessons the value of certifications for all of us. Who knows, it may be a center where they are stealing test questions or not monitoring properly who is taking exams. If they aren't following professional courtesy guidelines what else are skimping on???
  • Jocoloco79Jocoloco79 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, Guys I see you guys ran into some problems with pearson vue testing center. It happened that for the second time I went to this test center 20min. away from where I live and for reason they sat me in the same place where I was the first time. Started mi test which was ccna 640-802 for reason in one of the labs ( the vtp Labs switches) I was not able to run commands such as show cdp neighbors detail or show mac-address-table moreover when I was typing those commands every time I was typing the letter "c" it was sending me right back to the promt Router# and also when I was typing the letter "a" it repeats itself two, three and even four times causing me to backspace every time I typed those letters. I could swear I answer 90% of the exam correctly and the labs ACL, EIGRP, DEVICES AND CONNECTIONS, based on all my research ( And besides I went to queens college to get prepare and after the first failing I did my research about the exam and having terminating that course with a grade of 97 I'm worrie) It's that normal for testing center or the way they deliver the exam no to be able to execute commands and complaint to the front desk and have them telling that, that is part of the exam and if I complaint CISCO would flag me or flag my certificate. I'm not sure what to do? Can you guys help me????? PLZ with this issue...
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    If there is computer failure while you are taking an exam you should stop immediately and notify the proctor. If they do not switch you to another machine then escalate the complaint immediately at that testing center and with Prometric/Pearson Vue.

If you don't you are essentially throwing money away.
  • Jocoloco79Jocoloco79 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply Isud00d.

I did that. And they told me that that's the way pearson vue delivers the exam. So, I'm planning to complaint. What should I do?

Thanks.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    there are some simulation questions on the exam that have certain commands disabled, however, that has nothing to do with a key on the keyboard sticking. If you had a mechanical malfunction and notified the proctor and nothing was done, then you have no choice but to complain to Vue.
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    It is readily apparent that some of these testing centers operated at business locations are primarily for the benefit of their employees first and foremost. Outside customers are an afterthought.

I took my A+ cert at a prometric testing center located at a MSP and the experience was awful. The employees were nice enough, but on arrival I was left waiting way past my booked test time for the secretary to wrap up all her phone calls before I could sit the test. They didn't follow listed Prometric procedures, and I could hear everything going on outside the testing room.. which was distracting.
  • glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think I've ever had a problem with Pearson Vue. I can't remember where I took my Net+ but it was in the basement of an apartment complex ran by some sketchy looking people. The computers were set up on card tables, wires were running everywhere...ugh..The place was a complete mess. I remember wondering if it was an actual testing center. Never going there again lol
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The testing center on the Navy Base in Atsugi, Japan was like this. The proctor was always late, one time she showed up 2 minutes before my exam started. When I took my sec+ exams there her husband would come in and they would just chat away as if nobody was in the room, at one point even kissing. The worst part of all of this is that her husband is a Deputy Director of IT for the base. I was very disappointed, with the lack of professionalism.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    The 2 Vue testing centers closest to me are both at community colleges and ran by lab techs or professors. Haven't any issues that I can remember besides having to drive more than an hour to get to them.

Prometric is a totally different story. There are 2 prometric centers within 15 minutes of me. One is an official prometric testing center and it is horrible. I have an issue with them almost every time I have had to go in there.