Practice tests from Ebay?

awg0681awg0681 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just started studying for 70-680 and am looking for resources to study from. The threads here have been helpful with people listing what they've used when they passed the exam. I typed 70-680 into the search bar at ebay and it came back with a lot of sellers offering practice exams for cheap cheap prices ( $7.00 for 350+ questions). Does anyone here have any idea if 1.) these are legitamte practice questions and one wouldn't get in trouble for using them and 2.) Are they any good?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel a bit leary about buying something that most places charge $50 and up for less than $10. Caveat emptor I suppose.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Everyone I have heard from who bought things like this on ebay got ****.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While I can't say for sure, it does look like they have the big bad brain **** and maybe copyrighted ebook on there. It would be best off to use a major exam prep vendor's site.
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    most likely they aren't legitimate I would say don't buy. if you buy the mspress book they provide a good practice test or you can try transcender's product.
  • awg0681awg0681 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brain **** = BAD icon_twisted.gif

At least for keeping the cert after passing the test anyway. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll just stick with the MS Press Book (typos, errata, and all) and other practice test sources.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    awg0681 wrote: »
    Brain **** = BAD icon_twisted.gif

At least for keeping the cert after passing the test anyway. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll just stick with the MS Press Book (typos, errata, and all) and other practice test sources.

Tell me about it, I am very disappointed with the book. I'm almost half-way done with the 70-685 book and I am amazed by difference in coherence. The 70-680 book seems to weave in and out of topics with out fully explaining things. Stupid method, do a chapter on one topic please!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tell me about it, I am very disappointed with the book. I'm almost half-way done with the 70-685 book and I am amazed by difference in coherence. The 70-680 book seems to weave in and out of topics with out fully explaining things. Stupid method, do a chapter on one topic please!
    Couldn't agree more about the 680 book. Really poorly written. Too bad that it is still the best resource (hack..hack) that is available.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you want quality tests, get some from Transcender.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    If you want quality tests, get some from Transcender.

Very good tests that are always improving with the feedback link.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Very good tests that are always improving with the feedback link.
    Good point. If you find something wrong on one of the transcender tests then provide feedback. They listen to this feedback and fix it so that others who are coming behind you will have a better time at taking the practice tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Good point. If you find something wrong on one of the transcender tests then provide feedback. They listen to this feedback and fix it so that others who are coming behind you will have a better time at taking the practice tests.

I've fixed two questions in my time (one of which was just correcting poor wording), I've used Transcender for 5 tests. Most of the time the reply you get back is giving you more information as to why the question they selected as right remains correct. So either you are helping yourself learn, or helping someone else learn. Good for everyone involved.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I've fixed two questions in my time (one of which was just correcting poor wording), I've used Transcender for 5 tests. Most of the time the reply you get back is giving you more information as to why the question they selected as right remains correct. So either you are helping yourself learn, or helping someone else learn. Good for everyone involved.

Now if ExamForce would just do this. . .
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers