Passed JNCIE yesterday

yrenyren Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear all

Just got congratulation email 5 min ago. I felt bad while waiting for the email for 15 hours but now I am on cloud nine.

I failed at the first attempt sadly but the failure urged me to dig deeper and helped me discover more mistakes I've made which were not even mentioned by the proctor. I would not have learned so much if I passed easily.

This forum is a great resource especially for me who has no access to real box. All my study was based on VMware. I would thank you all, especially Hoogen and Aldur!

Next target will be JNCIE SEC/ER or CCIE SP or both, depends on my job needs.

Comments

• hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Congrats.....Well Deserved.. Welcome to the club...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Woot!! icon_cheers.gif That's great news indeed! You'll be feeling that clould nine feeling for about 2 weeks :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • densmadensma Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • zrchengzrcheng Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice, congrats.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Good job!
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many Many Congratulations icon_smile.gif Do pray for me as well icon_wink.gif
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • yrenyren Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all!
    Do pray for you Hasan, good luck
  • powercharmepowercharme Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it will be a great time for you !!!

And wanna know that how could you work it out all on vmware olives ? there are many feature that need to be worked on real box...icon_cheers.gif
    I think it will be a great time for you !!!

And wanna know that how could you work it out all on vmware olives ? there are many feature that need to be worked on real box...icon_cheers.gif

Sorry for late reply.
    I used Junos8.5 and vmware for all labs. There are 15 logical routers i could create, though it's not enough for JNCIE test, but is ok to try most complex lab scenarios and to learn the concepts. There are a few things not supported, such as L2vpn and multicast, and for COS, there is no way to verify. Also, since i dont have Tunnel PIC, the IPv6 over IPv4 lab could not be done.

For those items, I just tried to memorize all commands.
    yren wrote: »
    Sorry for late reply.
    I used Junos8.5 and vmware for all labs. There are 15 logical routers i could create, though it's not enough for JNCIE test, but is ok to try most complex lab scenarios and to learn the concepts. There are a few things not supported, such as L2vpn and multicast, and for COS, there is no way to verify. Also, since i dont have Tunnel PIC, the IPv6 over IPv4 lab could not be done.

For those items, I just tried to memorize all commands.

your passing jncie and your way to make it out on vmware really encourage me (maybe also to many others who preptearing the jncie ) ! Thanks !
    icon_cheers.gif
  • high1432007high1432007 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long you need to wait for the notification email after your exam?
    How long you need to wait for the notification email after your exam?

I finished at 6pm and the proctor notified me at 10:30am next day
    your passing jncie and your way to make it out on vmware really encourage me (maybe also to many others who preptearing the jncie ) ! Thanks !
    icon_cheers.gif

Yes it is doable. Wish you good luck!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yren wrote: »
    Yes it is doable. Wish you good luck!

Thanks!
    And would you kindly give us some advices on the other resources or material when preparing the JNCIE LAB, besides the JNCIP and JNCIE books published by Sybex ?icon_cheers.gif
    Thanks!
    And would you kindly give us some advices on the other resources or material when preparing the JNCIE LAB, besides the JNCIP and JNCIE books published by Sybex ?icon_cheers.gif

I think this forum is a good place to ask questions.
    Also, Hoogen's thread "JNCIE Case Studies Prepared by me during my studies" is helpful.
    In addition, I tried some MPLS labs in Juniper Documentations in order to understand VPN in different scenarios. But, for M/T series, these 2 books are the most important resources.