Options

is this a good ccna lab and for the price

jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
MODERATED

if you know of a better one. i would appricate your suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally I'd say that's pretty horrible, but that's just me. My 2x 2610 (non-XM's) and 2x 2950's cost me well under $200, and I overpaid on a couple of the pieces. Unless that 250X is an expensive router, that's really just not a good deal.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MODERATED for almost the same reason as in this thread -- http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/55293-how-would-you-rate-cisco-kit.html -- CDs with "exam like questions" sounds like **** used to ****.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    jeff113 wrote: »
    if you know of a better one. i would appricate your suggestions. Thanks

Build your own. IMO, most CCNA/CCNP labs use out dated hardware and IOS's... like 2924/3524 switches and a lot of 2500 series routers. Sure, they are cheap and you can do "most" of what you need on them, but if you plan on moving on past the CCNA level you might as well have something that will last. Spend it now or spend it later.
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    fly351 wrote: »
    Build your own. IMO, most CCNA/CCNP labs use out dated hardware and IOS's... like 2924/3524 switches and a lot of 2500 series routers. Sure, they are cheap and you can do "most" of what you need on them, but if you plan on moving on past the CCNA level you might as well have something that will last. Spend it now or spend it later.

Seconded. There are perfectly good routers and switches out there for under $20 each. And you can find ones that will carry over to CCNP studies for $40-$50 if your patient. I have 8 routers and 3 switches, and I've yet to hit $200 for the total (and I'm including shipping).

I can't see what you were thinking about buying now, but I bet it cost way too much since those kind of places put way too much value on their CD's.