Very Excited!

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
All I can really say is, wow! Life can change in heartbeat at times. I just found out yesterday that my wife and I are going to parents :D:D:D. Triple stupid grin ;) Due date is February.

Now I am very determined to get this bachelor degree over with as soon as I can! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome. icon_thumright.gif

You are handling it much better than I would if the Mrs came to me with that news: icon_eek.gificon_eek.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gifncool.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gifdrunken_smilie.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_mad.gificon_sad.gificon_redface.gificon_cool.gif
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    All I can really say is, wow! Life can change in heartbeat at times. I just found out yesterday that my wife and I are now parents :D:D:D. Triple stupid grin ;) Due date is February.

Now I am very determined to get this bachelor degree over with as soon as I can! icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the baby. This will be a great motivator and a blessing in your life.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    Awesome. icon_thumright.gif

You are handling it much better than I would if the Mrs came to me with that news: icon_eek.gificon_eek.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gifncool.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gifdrunken_smilie.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_mad.gificon_sad.gificon_redface.gificon_cool.gif

I'm still in the shock phase... icon_lol.gif
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, welcome to the daddy club.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe you'll get lucky, and it'll turn out not to be yours.

Just kidding dude, congratulations!
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! Nothing like being a new dad!

To your point about getting the degree finished... DO IT NOW! Even if you have to scale back your time commitment during that time when you have a newborn in the house and take less classes, keep your momentum moving forward on the degree.

I has signed up for a master's program a few years ago, and had a new baby and a new job and some other stuff suddenly happen so i dropped out.. and never got back on it. I'm so over committed now that I don't know if I will ever go back.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Time to break out the parenting study certification books. lol
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    Maybe you'll get lucky, and it'll turn out not to be yours.

Just kidding dude, congratulations!

Lmao. Congrats dude!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    got my first (6 weeks old) in my arms right now sleeping finaly. soon you will know what we all mean when we say its hard work but worth it. this one drives me crazy (sleeps about 5 hours a day total) but right now there no better feeling than you child sleeping in you arms. :) enjoy and congratulations
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Congrats!
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
    Mishra wrote: »
    Congrats!

Time to break out the parenting study certification books. lol

Baby+ ??? :)
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    Baby+ ??? :)

I'm thinking dirty diapers+ icon_wink.gif

Congrats!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
    Mishra wrote: »
    Time to break out the parenting study certification books.

And you thought CISSP was hard
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man!
    Holding that baby in your arms is way better than any cert.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    Big congrats my friend. That is one of the reasons why im in the process of going back to school. My wife and I are unable to have our own kids and will be going through the adoption process, the only problem is, its very expensive, especially if she is going to be a stay at home mom. So starting July 1, ill be a college student once again, to hopefully be able to afford a child in the next couple of years!
    Big congrats my friend. That is one of the reasons why im in the process of going back to school. My wife and I are unable to have our own kids and will be going through the adoption process, the only problem is, its very expensive, especially if she is going to be a stay at home mom. So starting July 1, ill be a college student once again, to hopefully be able to afford a child in the next couple of years!

Best of luck. I know people who have done that and I have heard it can be long and hard. icon_thumright.gif
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cool -- a new junior admin for the home network. icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    All I can really say is, wow! Life can change in heartbeat at times. I just found out yesterday that my wife and I are now parents :D:D:D. Triple stupid grin ;) Due date is February.

Congratulations!!!

And...if you can get the degree done GO FOR IT!
    You'll have less time after the baby (or babies) ;) Then you do now!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    mikej412 wrote: »
    And future TE member. :D

Congratulations!! icon_thumright.gif
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, veritas!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Just make sure you lock everything down. That kid will tear down your network in seconds.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Just make sure you lock everything down. That kid will tear down your network in seconds.

LOL, believe it or not I have already thought about that icon_wink.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! That's awesome! Definitely work to get your degree done. It is a lot harder to do school when you have kids.