Options

Question regarding discontinued exams

ddzcddzc Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

My CCNA expires mid July and I want to write a CCNP exam to renew it. I was looking here: CCNP Certification - Cisco Systems

I'm interested in taking one of the 3 exam options to obtain the CCNP. All of the exams in Path 2 expire at the end of July so I was looking at path 3. The exams I was thinking about were 642-901 BSCI and 642-902 ROUTE. I see that the BSCI exam expires July 31st...so if I write this exam and pass it beforehand, does it count towards the completion of 3 exams to obtain the cert...or would it be considered useless after July 31? Due to this mentality, I was thinking about obviously writing the ROUTE exam because it's still valid after July 31st.

Not sure how this works...am I understanding it correctly?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    BSCI will work in place of the ROUTE exam for the new track. Just curious, what do you mean by "write"?
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Write is a term that people in other countries use instead of take. We say take an exam they say write an exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Write is a term that people in other countries use instead of take. We say take an exam they say write an exam.

Since I've been here, it's interesting to see how people use words.

I've never really heard people say "sit the exam" before. To me it's always been "take the exam"...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Since I've been here, it's interesting to see how people use words.

I've never really heard people say "sit the exam" before. To me it's always been "take the exam"...

When I first started posting here I used think wtf do they mean by writing an exam? You going to just go make up your own or something?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    Ahh I see, interesting :)
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    When I first started posting here I used think wtf do they mean by writing an exam? You going to just go make up your own or something?

lol yeah....I think "our" way is the best.

Because we are "taking" the exam.....I suppose sitting the exam is ok too but I still think that sounds weird....and writing the exam makes no sense to me.....because you're not writing anything, you're taking the test!!!
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    lol yeah....I think "our" way is the best.

Because we are "taking" the exam.....I suppose sitting the exam is ok too but I still think that sounds weird....and writing the exam makes no sense to me.....because you're not writing anything, you're taking the test!!!

Where are you taking the exam to? It's all semantics, like router or "rooter".
  • Options
    Where are you taking the exam to? It's all semantics, like router or "rooter".

Oh yeah, I don't think I will ever get used to the Brits calling it "rooter" that just sounds weird, like a rooster... LOL....

I'm in NY so all my life when you take an exam, you "take an exam".

You don't "sit" it or "write" it....