What to do if.....?

Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
If your interviewer was racist??

I went to my interview today at H&R BLOCK (3.5 Hours away from where I live) and after i signed in he took me to HR office and while we were walking he asked me where i was from (since I have an accent)? so I told him, then he sped up then asked me to wait for him in the office, then after 5 mins he came back and asked me did I bring the required paper (paper resume, employment history,...) so I gave them to him then he asked me 2 questions
did you work at H&R before? did you work at tax support before? I answered no.
So he was like don't waste my time we are looking for qualified candidates, and gave me my papers without even conducting an interview. and while we were walking to the front office he ask for my visitor's card then I was going to sign out he said I will take care of it.

all of this was in very rude tone like I did something to him personally.

I understand not every rude person is racist but this was different like he genuinely hated me.

any advice? does it usually happen? Thanks for any advice you have.

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I think this pretty much falls into the first question of this article's territory.

Steer clear of these 10 illegal job interview questions | 10 Things | TechRepublic.com

Honestly, if they have the nerve to ask you that, you were probably just done a huge favor having them deny you. I know I wouldn't want to work at a place that could be promoting this kind of discrimination. The US Equal Opportunity Commission is who you should voice your concerns with. I don't claim to understand the full conversation or context of what was asked but if what you say happened, then I would take it up with the EEOC.

I'm no attorney so take it for what it is, but this kind of behavior disgusts me.
  • Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    I think this pretty much falls into the first question of this article's territory.

Steer clear of these 10 illegal job interview questions | 10 Things | TechRepublic.com

Honestly, if they have the nerve to ask you that, you were probably just done a huge favor having them deny you. I know I wouldn't want to work at a place that could be promoting this kind of discrimination. The US Equal Opportunity Commission is who you should voice your concerns with. I don't claim to understand the full conversation or context of what was asked but if what you say happened, then I would take it up with the EEOC.

I'm no attorney so take it for what it is. This kind of behavior disgusts me.

Thank you. I know the question was illegal but I answered anyways because I was trying to be friendly and thought maybe he just trying to make a conversation. I don't know what I should do? if I refuse to answer it maybe I will get turned away from the start, but if i answer it, this is what happens.

I don't know how to contact EEOC but I will try to find out. Thanks again for your advice and help.
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Your interview seemed very racist, why don't you report the bastard.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A punch in the face that would be my response. I don't understand why would this even happen in America were every one is an immigrant himself except native American for sure.

Sure if you can report him don't hesitate.
  • Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your interview seemed very racist, why don't you report the bastard.

Thank you I don't know how to report him, That is why I'm asking
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Tato500 wrote: »
    Thank you I don't know how to report him, That is why I'm asking

Well he works for H&R Block right? Start with their corporate web site and try and find a number for legal or the corporate HR department. That would be a start.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus