Quick Review of Boson Netim Tshoot

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I wrote a article in my blog. I just finished it, so I will come back to smooth it out after I rest my eyes from it. Check it out in the sig below.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    I wrote a article in my blog. I just finished it, so I will come back to smooth it out after I rest my eyes from it. Check it out in the sig below.

Good review.

However your rant on MAC's made every technical bone in my body want to reach for the gullet of the author.

EDIT:

Really though, good review. The font made it hard to tell the difference between | and I and there were a few grammar problems but all in all you did well.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    chmorin wrote: »
    Good review.

However your rant on MAC's made every technical bone in my body want to reach for the gullet of the author.

EDIT:

Really though, good review. The font made it hard to tell the difference between | and I and there were a few grammar problems but all in all you did well.

Thanks I usually will come back to edit it or have a few people check it for me. THANKS. I will work on the split between articles. I just got this going still new to it all, but its a great study tool to write about what you learn.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Thanks I usually will come back to edit it or have a few people check it for me. THANKS. I will work on the split between articles. I just got this going still new to it all, but its a great study tool to write about what you learn.

Yeah that is what I have been using my blog for. Alot of people here do that. If you use blogger I'll follow yah.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Slightly off topic, but in terms of the Mac user in a PC world, I personally prefer iTerm to SecureCRT, OmniGraffle to Visio, and for anything using a serial port ZTerm does the job. This demand you speak of isn't as large as you might think.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    stuh84 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but in terms of the Mac user in a PC world, I personally prefer iTerm to SecureCRT, OmniGraffle to Visio, and for anything using a serial port ZTerm does the job. This demand you speak of isn't as large as you might think.

Well we all have our personal preferences. I have hundreds of devices that I need access too and I also deal with customers on the side. In secure CRT I already have all of them saved. All I need to do is open up the folder for the location and the drop down will come with all of the devices that I have there. I'm not sure if Iterm has this capability. also I don't' want to jump to another program just because I want console access. As far as Visio I have to share with a lot of other people outside my org. Having Visio is a sure fire way for compatibility. I"m sure the other programs may work, but I really haven't looked into them yet.
    Currently Reading

Well we all have our personal preferences. I have hundreds of devices that I need access too and I also deal with customers on the side. In secure CRT I already have all of them saved. All I need to do is open up the folder for the location and the drop down will come with all of the devices that I have there. I'm not sure if Iterm has this capability. also I don't' want to jump to another program just because I want console access. As far as Visio I have to share with a lot of other people outside my org. Having Visio is a sure fire way for compatibility. I"m sure the other programs may work, but I really haven't looked into them yet.

Sounds like you should use a PC. This is in danger of getting off topic but...

With a PC you can place any OS on it that is not OSX. Be it Linux, Windows, or other Unix nock-offs. When you buy a MAC you put yourself in the MAC world, and are only open to things that MAC has deemed MAC worthy.

I have to deal with an ITunes that glitches and is screwy, and MAC users have to deal with a really crappy version of Microsoft Office. I can't use MAC Proprietary software like IMovie and other great software, and you can't reach out very far into the mainstream world. It is not a 'fair' issue, it is a choice. If you wan't to be open to the open source side of things, you need to present yourself as open to it. This means linux, or a bit of windows mixed into your MAC life. Not every OS can have everything, especially if the provider of the OS not only mandates what hardware you must run it on but what software is widely available for it. This makes it hard for programmers to turn a profit on, given the higher support margin they need to have for MACs.

It is a dog eat dog world, that is why I use Windows 7 with 2 VM's of Ubuntu and BT4.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: