70-640 in few hours

za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's 7:25 Am now in Damascus and i'm going to the taxi station(in 30 minutes ) to catch a taxi going to Beirut,Lebanon. It's not that far to be there around 2-3 hours depend on traffic on boarders.

Usually I leave damascus by 8:30 and be in Beirut by 11:00 to my luck the test center is near a mall so I spend the extra time drinking coffee and reviewing some notes.I have a feeling this exam is gonna be tough. I personally found it thought to study especially the GP/CA sections

I'm confident enough though and this forum really helped a lot. I used two books the ms book and the sybex book and I think reading these two is more than enough.. Of course a lot of virtualization I ended up having 2 desktops nd up to 10 servers in ordere to support my study for the exam.

This is my third MCITP exam and by passing it i'm really close to EA , my ultimate question is though do you recommend doing the 70-646 first
in order to have my SA certificate as well ? Does it need a lot of studying ? I heard it's the hardest in MCITP track.

I don't have a lot of time in August since it's Ramadan so i will be fasting most of the day (from around 4:15 AM to around 8:00 PM) that's a lot and now in damscus the temperature it's around 38 so it's gonna be a challenge.

If it's can be done in let's say 2-3 weeks then i guess it's my best choice during Ramadan (which lasts from August 10th to September 10th).If the answer is not then 70-643 is my next goal, I heard it's hard as well and I'm not that familiar with it's topics. Too bad I can't take a vacation I have a goal and it has to be done in 2010 so fun will be rescheduled icon_sad.gif

Well i'd better go have my huge breakfast (like someone here suggested) then off to Beirut.

Wish me luck, will update this thread once i'm out of test center.

Usually i do reward myself with a large steak when i pass the exam so hope this is happening this time as well :D

Your thought are really appreciated.

Comments

• MalasiusMalasius Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Let us know how it went ;)
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks you, well it went great :D it seems i'm stuck with 950 I got 950/1000 (like 642). I think the exam itself for me at least was easier than 642 however i found studying for this exam is harder than what i've done before.

The exam was straightforward, most of the question i could answer really quickly and only few i had to review. I finished in 50 minutes and I knew once i pressed the button that I did a good job.

I have to say that i studied really hard for this exam around 40 days but the last 10 days it was at least 8 hours/day.

Can't say a lot about it, my points were lost in DNS according to the sheet they gave me there were a lot of question on dns,GP and CA but the exam covered all what it said will cover.

Now i'm only two steps from EA and one step from SA but I can't make my mind. I will take today and tomorrow off and back on studying on Saturday.

Now i will go have my prize (the steak) :D wanna thank the forum for all the great resources and help i got.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats. I'm getting ready to leave in a few minutes to go take the 640 as well!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Congrats. I'm getting ready to leave in a few minutes to go take the 640 as well!

Nice :D looking at your certs it seems you're expert enough so i'm sure you will pass and get good marks. Good Luck let's know how it was.
  • triotrio Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    so ,whats the next exam?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing and the good score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    Congrads! Personally after I did the 640 and the 642 I did the 646 to get the SA.I found the 646 to be the hardest test I took on the SA + EA track.I then did the 643 , 647 and finally the 680.I did the 646 in 6 weeks but I didn't study more than a few hours a day.If you can dedicate more time than a few hours than doing the 646 in 3 weeks I think is doable.
    trio wrote: »
    so ,whats the next exam?

That's my question should I take 646 and have MCITP-SA then take the rest (643+647) or should I take 643 and continue the track and get MCITP-EA.

I need an adviceicon_wink.gif
    texasit wrote: »
    Congrads! Personally after I did the 640 and the 642 I did the 646 to get the SA.I found the 646 to be the hardest test I took on the SA + EA track.I then did the 643 , 647 and finally the 680.I did the 646 in 6 weeks but I didn't study more than a few hours a day.If you can dedicate more time than a few hours than doing the 646 in 3 weeks I think is doable.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Yea I think I can at least I did in this exam I went up to 10 hours sometimes.

I heard It's the hardest but it's really cool to get the certificate so i'm more into doing 646 then 643(which is hard as well) and finally 647.

but can anyone tell which one is harder 643 or 646 ?
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on passing and the good score!

Thanks a lot, good luck for you for 643
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    za3bour wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, Yea I think I can at least I did in this exam I went up to 10 hours sometimes.

I heard It's the hardest but it's really cool to get the certificate so i'm more into doing 646 then 643(which is hard as well) and finally 647.

but can anyone tell which one is harder 643 or 646 ?

I thought the 646 was harder than the 643 but alot of people think the 643 is the hardest so based on that I think the general consensus is that the 643 is harder.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I ended up passing with an 850. My weakest area was CS, which I'm not really surprised with. I didn't find the test too hard, but I work with AD and GPO's on a daily basis.

Not sure what is next for me. I'm waiting to find out if I am going to be accepted into a program at work where I'll be taking the GSEC, GCIH and possibly CISSP. If I get in to that then my MCITP: EA plans may be put on hold for a bit.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    rwmidl wrote: »
    I ended up passing with an 850. My weakest area was CS, which I'm not really surprised with. I didn't find the test too hard, but I work with AD and GPO's on a daily basis.

Not sure what is next for me. I'm waiting to find out if I am going to be accepted into a program at work where I'll be taking the GSEC, GCIH and possibly CISSP. If I get in to that then my MCITP: EA plans may be put on hold for a bit.

CS is really HARD I had problems with it when studying so had to read it over many times and it's really hard to lab as well.

Good luck to you it seems you will be busy for quite some time :) CISSP is not popular in Syria and most companies didn't even hear about it.

For me after finishing MCITP it's Cisco timeicon_study.gif After being on hold for 6 years i think i'm gonna be certoholic for some time icon_cheers.gif
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My curriculum this year has me getting the MCITP: SA however I'll do some self study next year to get the EA since I'll only have to take the 643 and 647 for it. I figure the $500 (exam vouchers) and cost of books plus maybe some other study materials is worth the possible pay increase of having the EA over the SA.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
    My curriculum this year has me getting the MCITP: SA however I'll do some self study next year to get the EA since I'll only have to take the 643 and 647 for it. I figure the $500 (exam vouchers) and cost of books plus maybe some other study materials is worth the possible pay increase of having the EA over the SA.

I wanna have both since SA is only an exam away for me while EA is two But I don't know in what order i will go first.
    As for the money i really investigated in lot in them but it's worth for sure. If I couldn't find a good job i'm heading to Dubai.