Passed 70-642

getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-642 yesterday with a 975.
It took me longer than I expected to study and fully understand the material. I originally wanted to take it on 6/17 but I wanted to do more labs.

As far as study material I used the Microsoft Training Kit 70-642
Since I had success with trainsignal while studying the N+ I chose to use their material, but I didn't like how it was presented so I picked up Testout 642 study material which was far more thorough but dry.

I Labbed using a few DC7600's plus my main pc
It took me a total of 6 weeks instead of 4 (my goal)
4-6 hours a day sometimes longer.

as far as testing I used Kaplan selftest.

Next is 70-640
In Progress:
Degree in Engineering

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and great score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! Dang good score.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome score, hopefully I can reflect the same success in about two months when I plan to take the 642.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I found the 640 harder to study but the exam itself was easier. I recommend getting the Sybex book in addition to MS.
  • VetteranVetteran Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job! I'm just starting 640 and I'm shooting to test is 4 - 6 weeks. I'll be Very happy if I do as well as you!
  • EthicalEthical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good score! Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
  • BocaRatonITBocaRatonIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any reason for taking the 642 before 640?
  • getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!

Any reason for taking the 642 before 640?

A friend took the 642 before the 640 and he said that the 642 helped him with the 640, so I took his advice... I'll find out soon enough and report.
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    getitngo wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

A friend took the 642 before the 640 and he said that the 642 helped him with the 640, so I took his advice... I'll find out soon enough and report.

I agree, this is the correct order since DNS is more detailed in 642.I did this order and i found it convenient.