CISM/CISA June 2010 - results?

chilipepperchilipepper Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I can't handle the wait any more. Has anyone received their score yet? I passed the CISA last year, and I swear I had heard by this time in August.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't handle the wait any more. Has anyone received their score yet? I passed the CISA last year, and I swear I had heard by this time in August.

I think they're hell-bent on waiting the full eight weeks to give us our results icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, no one at my office has heard anything back. One of my managers has been harassing ISACA, and they finally said he *should* get his results this week.

Welcome to the forums, and good luck on your CISM! :D
  • chilipepperchilipepper Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh good...happy to hear I am not alone. I don't know anyone who took the CISM, so I was thinking I might have missed something.

I thought it was quite difficult so I am on edge.
    Yea, the questions are not worded very well, so it's difficult to gauge how you actually did. I did the CISA. I didn't have much time to study, and I honestly didn't like the material at all, so I'm not very optimistic. I might have pulled it off though...
  • redmondredmond Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like you'all i am waiting for the results too. You think we will get that email today or tomorrow?
    <<twiddles thumbs>>
    <<paces>>
    <<stalks email every hour>>
    <<yanks out all remaining hair>>
    <<hears the echo in the snail mail box>>

I want it today!!! <stomps feet like two year old>
    Does everyone else hate it as much as I do when this thread gets bumped because they think someone else got their results? icon_lol.gif
  • TargaTarga Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From what I understand, they also post the results on the website near the time of the email. After logging in, go to MyISACA and MyCertifications. Still says "results pending" for mine.. icon_sad.gif
    Called ISACA about an hour ago.."The results are late this year. Will get the results by end of next week."
    Thanks JD ;)
    redmond wrote: »
    "Will get the results by end of next week."

That's what they said last week... icon_cry.gif
  • BiakparaBiakpara Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Thanks JD ;)

That's what they said last week... icon_cry.gif

Surely by now they should tire of people calling and sending emails and just do what we all expect!!!!....
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray wrote: »
    *bump*

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LOL, I was seriously considering doing that... icon_lol.gif
    Will they release results tonight or tomorrow?
    redmond wrote: »
    Will they release results tonight or tomorrow?

Where are you located? There's still tomorrow and Friday here in the US. Are you in the UK (barely Thursday now) or Oz? Saturday would technically be "this week" as well icon_sad.gif

I gotta be honest, even though I'm checking my phone every hour, I'm not optimistic they'll the the results out this week. I'm not getting my hopes up...
  • stankdaggerstankdagger Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man this is such a joke. It will be 2 months today - why can every other exam have the results back to you in a day or two? The more I think about it the more I feel like ISACA is such a mickey mouse organization.
  • BW81BW81 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all, stumbled upon this site googling "June CISM results" and I see everyone else is in the same boat!
    I mailed ISACA a few times, last I heard was results would be sent this week, that leaves today and tomorrow!
    I think this is a record for the most new members in a single thread. icon_cool.gif

Stick around everyone; these forums are great. And good luck on all your exams!
    I wish I was joining under different circumstances. I'm so worried I failed - if I don't pass I'm going to die.
    Just got off the phone with ISACA - they are preparing the files for distribution - emails will go out either today or tomorrow.
    Just got off the phone with ISACA - they are preparing the files for distribution - emails will go out either today or tomorrow.

Cool. Thanks for the update.

They really need to work on their PR/communications. I can only imagine how many emails and calls they're getting inundated with. Why would you not simply send out a courtesy email and let people know that you're running late and give them an ETA.
    They have this on the website..

Released on Aug 10th 2010

Exam Results Released the Week of 9 August

CISA Frequently Asked Questions

Link has no details about the results or ETA.

I think this release is to cover themselves.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yea, the questions are not worded very well, so it's difficult to gauge how you actually did. I did the CISA. I didn't have much time to study, and I honestly didn't like the material at all, so I'm not very optimistic. I might have pulled it off though...
    Congrats! and to think you doubted yourself.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • TargaTarga Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yay, passed also!
    I passed the CISM! The waiting was insane.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats guys :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    PASSED!!! PHEW! The feeling of relief is unbelievable!

Congrats guys!!!
  • ojayojay Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PASSED!!! PHEW! The feeling of relief is unbelievable!

Congrats guys!!!

congrats people ! the wait is over for u guys. i am right in the middle of it
    icon_cheers.gif
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats! and to think you doubted yourself.

The lack of confidence you feel after an (ISC)2 or ISACA exam is unparalleled.

For those interested in the CISA:
    The official guide is a really difficult read. I'm sure the material is fine but its hundreds of pages of bullet-points, so don't try to learn from that. It would be a better reference. I didn't use any of these resources, but I'd really try to find a third-party resource that actually explains the material. The Q&A guide from ISACA was quality though. I learned far more from reading why the options were/weren't correct than I did from the official guide. That clearly saved the day for me.

I guess this means I have to do the CISM in December. *sigh* 2010 has turned out to be the year of resume padding certs; I'm going to do some fun stuff in 2011. I really need to get cracking on my paperwork too. I still haven't done my paperwork for my CISSP from way back in April icon_lol.gif

Congratulations everyone, and good luck to those who have yet to respond!
  • snarayansnarayan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Would any of you have a copy of the CISM review manual and questions? I am planning to appear in December 2010. So if you any of you have any material please pass it on.

Thanks

Shiv