Self Study CEH Course

GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I would like to take the CEH exam but I don't want to attend a class as they are too expensive and I'd love to study on my own, Is it really true that if you buy the self training package kit like this:

https://www.cccure.com/cart/products/Certified-Ethical-Hacker-CEH-v.6-CBT-EC%252dCouncil-Endorsed.html

you ll be able to take the exam without the 2 years of work experience? on their website is clearly stated this :

"(With our self study package you DON'T have to attend a live class costing multiple thousands of dollars at an accredited training center, you DON'T have to submit the application form above to prove your two years of Information Security experience, this package DOES INCLUDE the needed voucher number mentioned above within your kit, all you need is this number to register for the exam at any prometric testing center (1800 locations exists around the world)"

I'd like to know your opinion about this before spending a grand on it... :)

cheers guys

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I saw it. I probably won't go after this course. I am going to argue with them about getting to do this test since I will be right on the line as far as experience.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gimmyno wrote: »
    I'd like to know your opinion about this before spending a grand on it... :)

Just submit your application with your experience and see how it goes; you don't have anything to lose.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I did a ton of security courses in college and they allowed me to take the exam, so if by chance you are in college and took some I would try that as well.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I'll try that... :)
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    personally I have never HEARD of anyone being denied CEH on experience grounds. As long as the voucher is good, you should be good to go, however if you are unsure, you can call Ec-Council and ask. :)
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    personally I have never HEARD of anyone being denied CEH on experience grounds. As long as the voucher is good, you should be good to go, however if you are unsure, you can call Ec-Council and ask. :)

Really? Good to know. I was wondering about whether or not they'd let me take it. Personally I think they should just drop that requirement all together but that's just me.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Really? Good to know. I was wondering about whether or not they'd let me take it. Personally I think they should just drop that requirement all together but that's just me.

Their primary concern is teaching this material to people who may not use that knowledge for good. These types of courses/topics get a lot of flack, and they need to show that they're putting forth a small effort to determine whether someone appears to be legit.

I'd think anyone who has a couple of years of real IT experience probably has sufficient experience. If you highlight the security tasks you perform, you could probably come up with a fairly substantial list.