VMware VCP Certification

jeff_00789jeff_00789 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I checked the VMWare website for their certification and there it was mentioned that you need to complete their course and give the certification for being VCP certified. But their course fees are around $3500+taxes which is a bit too much. What i wanted to figure out is, whether it is possible to give the VCP certification exam before taking the course.

What i mean is, i will undertake the course once i have cleared the exam. That way i wont feel as bad to pay for the course since i would be guaranteed to be VCP certified.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    You have to have completed both. The order I believe does not matter. But you will not be recognized as one until you fulfill both requirements.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As for the course check out http://www.techexams.net/forums/virtualization/45778-anyway-make-vmware-training-any-cheaper.html as it mentions online training which is a lotcheaper and a regular college course not the little concentrated training which costs $3500. I wouldn't want the short concentrated course myself as I'd probably not be able to retain all the information thrown at me at such a pace.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • jeff_00789jeff_00789 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ya, thats what i want to confirm for sure if the order of taking the exam and attending the course is relevant or not. Can anyone confirm this.

Thanks
  • jeff_00789jeff_00789 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried checking the online training too. It seemed to me the online and the classroom training both had the same fees.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    22869 VMware vSPHERE 4: Configuration and Management | UC Santa Cruz Extension

It's around $1000 instead of the 3500 for traditional training. As soon as more of these online offerings are available it'll drive down the cost of the traditional traaining I think.

Taking this course also gives you a discount voucher for the test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    jeff_00789 wrote: »
    ya, thats what i want to confirm for sure if the order of taking the exam and attending the course is relevant or not. Can anyone confirm this.

Thanks

I thought I pretty much did, but here it is from the horse's mouth so to speak.

VMware Communities: Passed the VCP exam before taking the ...

Even our resident VMware instructor, Scott, posted in there. So I'd pretty much take that as gospel.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    I thought I pretty much did, but here it is from the horse's mouth so to speak.

VMware Communities: Passed the VCP exam before taking the ...

Even our resident VMware instructor, Scott, posted in there. So I'd pretty much take that as gospel.
    VMware award the VCP4 to anyone who meets the training and exam requirements, regardless of the order in which those requirements are met.

I've trained a number of students who've done things "the wrong way round" icon_smile.gif

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com