Just Passed Server+ SK0-003

brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
Very easy exam, scored an 845 (I began studying last Friday and took the test Tuesday) if you have any experience building servers and/or workstations. There's a bit of a mixture of some Security+ and Network+ questions as well.

I used mainly the PrepLogic MegaGuide to prepare for this test. It's all of 80 pages (20 of which are sample questions), and very spotty. Unless you have server install/support experience I doubt it will be enough to get you through this exam. Looks like the best resources for this exam are SK0-002 books, which are of course for the 2005 version.

Also, quite a few questions on SCSI, IDE, Fibre technologies. I'm not giving anything away there, you should expect these to all be on the test and they did make up quite a few questions.

I've been dragging my heels, but next up for me is the CCNA!

Comments

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    congrats

i was wondering about this cert i may take it it sounds like it a mix of a+/net+/sec+ and mostly a+ with some network installing

is that how you saw the exam?
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats. What prompted you to take that exam? Did your work want you to have it or did you just get it because it would be an easy cert for you to get.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Congrats!

It is a pretty easy exam. Walked in and passed the beta without studying. Recommend anyone with a few years experience take it if they come across a voucher/beta, since its almost a gimme.
  • brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats. What prompted you to take that exam? Did your work want you to have it or did you just get it because it would be an easy cert for you to get.

Thanks everyone. I took the exam to close out most of the CompTIA exams, I'll probably come back around at some point whenever a new Linux+ exam comes out, and because it was such an easy pass.

My total invested time was very small, about 12 hours tops, and cost me only $1 for the MegaGuide. Since work is paying for the test I thought why not.

Oh and a big part of the reason I'm leaving out is procrastinating for the CCNA!
  • oatsoats Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wirerat wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!
    where can I find th SK0-003 material. Books, ebooks, study guidese.tc

pls help
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass

I am wondering if this a valuable cert to ad under my belt ( given that i have to pay for my own exams if i had to take it )icon_rolleyes.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass

I am wondering if this a valuable cert to ad under my belt ( given that i have to pay for my own exams if i had to take it )icon_rolleyes.gif

First off Congratz on the pass!

Less is more ;)

With that said this is one I want to get done before the end of the year. Along with Security and Linux +.

I bought the books and want to wrap up my comptia adventure
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass

I took this exam back in 2006. The company I was with paid for it and was the reason I got it. However, I can say it has never been a factor in getting or not getting a job. Alot of time it is overseen by potential jobs for whatever reason. I don't think it has the same street credit as the sec+, a+, and network+.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • stiltnerstiltner Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I genuinely believe this cert is under estimated. I have heard many people say it has little value or is just slightly above A+ but in reality many manufacturers, such as HP, require this as a prerequisit for their own exams which then lead on to certifications that allow warranty work to be carried out.

Thats the reason why you take Server+

Its the reason I'm doing it Saturday. Lenovo requires it of me before I can do warranty work on their server hardware. Therefore, it does have benefits in terms of job, but its not one that you'll see thrown around.