INE rack renting for R&S Lab exam

accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
Hi everyone! Passed my written a few weeks ago and I'm almost finished going through the CBT Nuggets CCIE practice lab for some review even though it's a few years old.

I'm thinking about renting my first rack time from INE this weekend. I have the lab workbooks and configs. Do i basically just sign up, login, paste the base configs and start going at it? It seems pretty straight forward on their site but I was wondering if anyone has done them.

Thanks!

Here's to getting the 5 numbers before next summer!!

-Dan
Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Go to your account. Buy tokens in bulk to get the best deal. Schedule your rack time.

When your time comes you can get your login information and load starting configs using the drop down choices in the control panel -- or just log in and load your own. If you choose to load a specific starting config you have to give it a few minutes to do it's thing before you can log in.

You can then log into the terminal server and do your thing from there -- or use the terminal server and line/port to open a session in your terminal software to each router/switch console port directly.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Go to your account. Buy tokens in bulk to get the best deal. Schedule your rack time.

When your time comes you can get your login information and load starting configs using the drop down choices in the control panel -- or just log in and load your own. If you choose to load a specific starting config you have to give it a few minutes to do it's thing before you can log in.

You can then log into the terminal server and do your thing from there -- or use the terminal server and line/port to open a session in your terminal software to each router/switch console port directly.

+1 for INE

I have uses there racks for getting CCVP exams done. They seem to offer better deals and always call. Buy a few Items from them, then when u wanna make a big purchase contact there customer support see what deal they can give you. There were doing 30 percent off for everybody the month of august.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    ya, their stuff is pretty good and comes in 5.5 hour blocks if I remember correctly. I used their stuff for some labs Tuesday and had a decent experience. It takes about 15 minutes for the configs to load from the control panel, and then you can start. I did experience some pretty noticeable lag when I was on there a couple of times, but I guess that is to be expected. All-in-all their stuff was in good shape though, and was easy to use. One last thing I recommend is to get used to their topology diagrams before you start you rack time...
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    thanks everyone!
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I also burned through a few hundred tokens over the year with them. For R&S, its much more efficient since you can load their base configs and get going right away. Also you can save your configs when you are done, and load from where you were.

I also echo trying to get a deal ;)
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    INE has another sale on rack rental tokens, buy 1 get 1, code: rrbogo.
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    dammit, missed again!

If there are any more deals let me know, I'm looking for a decently sized purchase. The best at the moment (5th May) is buying directly through Graded Labs. They have it for $0.75 per token at the moment rather than $1. Not the best deal but cheaper than buying directly from INE. Also, for those that don't know if you buy tokens from Graded Labs they appear directly in your INE account