Just passed my Network+ this morning!

DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
... with a whooping score of 875! :) Been reading Sybex book which I thought was very good because the author wouldn't just throw dry info at you (cough... Microsoft) - he'd fill your shoes and break things down for you so that a person who doesn't know much if anything about networking will get a better picture of what Network+ is really about without breaking keyboards with his/her head. Trancenders also helped a lot because they were much harder than the actual N10-004 exam. icon_study.gif

I am on my MCSA track and I already got Infrastructure (70-291) material which is the only exam left to get the title.

Also wanted to thank this community (which I joined not too long ago myself) for all the motivation and encouragement! icon_cheers.gif
"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell

Comments

• simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done man! icon_thumright.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, that's not a bad score at all. :D

Good luck with slaying "The Beast", it's a tough test but I'm sure you'll kill it. Also, I was noticing that your profile lists having passed the 70-290 exam, your A+ and now Net+, but not 70-270, 70-620, or 70-680. Have you done a desktop OS exam from Microsoft? If you haven't, you'll need to do that as well before they'll ship you that MCSA card.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all icon_thumright.gif
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass, that's not a bad score at all. :D

Good luck with slaying "The Beast", it's a tough test but I'm sure you'll kill it. Also, I was noticing that your profile lists having passed the 70-290 exam, your A+ and now Net+, but not 70-270, 70-620, or 70-680. Have you done a desktop OS exam from Microsoft? If you haven't, you'll need to do that as well before they'll ship you that MCSA card.

Oops.. guess I forgot to list it as one of my other accomplishments! Yes, I have done the desktop OS exam in Windows XP Pro environment aka 70-270 earlier this year. That was one of the easiest and most fun materials to study due to me playing with the OS long before I decided to enter an IT field; Server 2003 takes the spot for fun factor (Labs FTW) icon_rolleyes.gif
    "When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats, Comrade! icon_thumright.gif Good luck with "The Beast" (like you'll need it... :D )
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congrats Drax and I wish you well in your future endeavors!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice score, well done.
  • DraxtheSovietDraxtheSoviet Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Drax and I wish you well in your future endeavors!

Thanks!
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Nice score, well done.

Thank you, hard work pays off. Anybody can do it! icon_thumright.gif

--Alexander Graham Bell
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the graetscore! Hard studying does pay off.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats to the commie!

;)

Just kidding.

Nice job!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice Score indeed...
    Well done.
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!