LabSim

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I checked out the LabSim and even though it maybe a great product for the Network+ exam. It is a bit expensive, I really can't afford to spend that type of money. I was wondering if someone could recommend a book or books for me to prepare for the exam?

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mike Meyers All in one is really good from what I've heard.
    If you were a student (or former student with a .edu email) you could get a student discount for labsim and it would be around $90
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Mike Meyers All in one is really good from what I've heard.
    If you were a student (or former student with a .edu email) you could get a student discount for labsim and it would be around $90

Really!! $90.00..wow I haven't been a student since 2006. I think I still do have my .edu mail.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You just call their number and ask about a student discount. Use the .edu email and tell them the name of the school.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    You just call their number and ask about a student discount. Use the .edu email and tell them the name of the school.

Oh great! Will do.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good to know. I'm studying for my Network+ currently, using Mike Meyer's All-In-One Exam guide.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    Good to know. I'm studying for my Network+ currently, using Mike Meyer's All-In-One Exam guide.

How are you liking that guide so far?
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not going to lie, its pretty damn good at breaking down stuff. Mike Meyers and Darril Gibson should co-author a book.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!