vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
I currently hold my MCSA.

What exam will I be taking to complete my MCSE?:
  • 70-293
  • 70-294
  • 70-298
Materials:

For 70-293:
  • Sybex MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure Planning and Maintenance
For 70-294

For 70-298

I will be updating this thread with my progress as well as materials and test dates. icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Not trying to be rude but this is about the third thread you've made on this topic over nearly a 2 year period.

Lets get'r done ;)
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Not trying to be rude but this is about the third thread you've made on this topic over nearly a 2 year period.

Lets get'r done ;)

Well seeing as I just passed my MCSA on the 7th, it's a little more realistic now.
  • ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Hi there. Congratulations on getting your MCSA.

I'm on the path (after some kickin' and screamin') to MCSE, too. Many people on this forum would say that 70-299 and 70-298 are alike. I have also read the study materials of 70-298 are not good. I think one member used the study materials for 70-299 for both tests and sat for them on the same day.

Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Are you going to do any CBT for this test? I didn't use CBT for the 4 MCSA tests. I am thinking 70-293 looks like a good candiate for CBT. I really want to understand the material so I can wow in an interview and on the job.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
    ssampier wrote: »
    Hi there. Congratulations on getting your MCSA.

I'm on the path (after some kickin' and screamin') to MCSE, too. Many people on this forum would say that 70-299 and 70-298 are alike. I have also read the study materials of 70-298 are not good. I think one member used the study materials for 70-299 for both tests and sat for them on the same day.

Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Are you going to do any CBT for this test? I didn't use CBT for the 4 MCSA tests. I am thinking 70-293 looks like a good candiate for CBT. I really want to understand the material so I can wow in an interview and on the job.

I think I'm going to get CBT Nuggets or Train Signal for 70-293. A lot of the information in this exam is applying to my current situation at work, so I want a very indepth understanding of it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'll give you $100 if you do this before Knwminus finishes his Security+.
    dynamik wrote: »

My MCSE or 70-293?
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good Luck Fade.

Can I ask what made you decide to do your MCSE now rather than onto the MCITP:SA or EA?
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Pash wrote: »
    Good Luck Fade.

Can I ask what made you decide to do your MCSE now rather than onto the MCITP:SA or EA?

Domain environment is primarily 2003. Work is pushing me hard for my MCSE (then MCITP:EA)

They're paying for the all the training materials so mind as well! :)
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Domain environment is primarily 2003. Work is pushing me hard for my MCSE (then MCITP:EA)

They're paying for the all the training materials so mind as well! :)

Sounds like a good deal then.

Cheers,

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Take it fade. It's a sure thing...lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Take it fade. It's a sure thing...lol

If he means 70-293 - I'll totally take it. icon_twisted.gif
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

Easy money! Take it, Fade. icon_lol.gif
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I need the same 3 tests and plan on starting my study sometime between now and the weekend...

Wanna race? :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Harsh... icon_lol.gif

Good luck with your journey Fade! I'm looking forward to starting on the MCITP:EA path VERY soon :)
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_sad.gif

I put $100 on Fade. Good luck!
    leefdaddy wrote: »
    I need the same 3 tests and plan on starting my study sometime between now and the weekend...

Wanna race? :)

You're on! icon_twisted.gif
    knwminus wrote: »
    icon_sad.gif

I put $100 on Fade. Good luck!

Wow...seriously?! icon_scratch.gif

Well, whatever.

@Fade, I will watch a real trek thread such as yours with great interest. It will inspire me on my own MCITP:EA thread.

knwminus' self-defeat in Security+ (which really is a "wtf" puzzle with me...) only pushes me that much more.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    knwminus' self-defeat in Security+ (which really is a "wtf" puzzle with me...) only pushes me that much more.

It's a time/money thing; it's got nothing to do with his knowledge/abilities. We're just having fun.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a time/money thing; it's got nothing to do with his knowledge/abilities. We're just having fun.
    I think it's a little ADD thing too as he's been studying it like it's the CISSP or something..lol
    It's not that big a deal
    I studied for mine (overstudied actually) in about 3-1/2 weeks. Kevins had a lot of new things going on in his life at the same time too.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Oh, I know it has nothing to do with his knowledge/abilities and have said that much.

Not for nothing though, but it's not exactly difficult to schedule for an exam. I know the exam isn't cheap....even with a voucher, but it's not that hard to set money aside. You'd be amazed at how much money you have putting $10 here, $20, there, $5 here and there.....so I don't buy the whole "time/money" thing. My issue is, if you are going to set out to do something, at least make the attempt and not hide behind excuses, and I say this with all due respect to him. If he just said, hey, I changed my mind, I'd be cool with that too....but leaving it open ended like he's been doing has stopped being cute.

Someone like knwminus would be in and out in 30-50 minutes...tops. The CCNA alone will ensure that...he justs needs to do the other stuff like cryptography, etc., etc..

Hopefully, fadetobright will not run into similar types of issues.
    Hopefully, fadetobright will not run into similar types of issues.

Luckily, work is allowing me to study while working. As week as finishing up my first term at WGU this month. So I'm going to do a marathon session this weekend to complete all my tasks for WGU. This should give me a solid 2-3 weeks to focus on 70-293. I plan on banging this out quickly, since my company was just officially a part of a Fortune 100 company as of yesterday. icon_eek.gif

Here's a hint icon_lol.gif:
    Pooh1.jpg+ well.jpg
    Luckily, work is allowing me to study while working. As week as finishing up my first term at WGU this month. So I'm going to do a marathon session this weekend to complete all my tasks for WGU. This should give me a solid 2-3 weeks to focus on 70-293. I plan on banging this out quickly, since my company was just officially a part of a Fortune 100 company as of yesterday. icon_eek.gif

Here's a hint icon_lol.gif:
    Pooh1.jpg+ well.jpg

LMAO!!! "Pooh-Hole" (HW...I get it....clever!) is doing environmental cleanup for my job's parking lot. Yeah you don't have anything to worry about. How long have you been at "Pooh-Hole"? LOL...that must a sweet company to work at since they're so huge.....
    LMAO!!! "Pooh-Hole" (HW...I get it....clever!) is doing environmental cleanup for my job's parking lot. Yeah you don't have anything to worry about. How long have you been at "Pooh-Hole"? LOL...that must a sweet company to work at since they're so huge.....

I've been at Pooh-Hole, well the company before it was Pooh-Hole for 3 months. So this is very new for all of us. icon_cool.gif
    I've been at Pooh-Hole, well the company before it was Pooh-Hole for 3 months. So this is very new for all of us. icon_cool.gif

Good deal. Good luck at work and good luck with the MCSE. I'll definitely be watching. :)icon_cool.gif
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    You're on! icon_twisted.gif

OK, it's on :)

I needed some motivation since I passed 70-270 in like 2003...
    Dustin Leefers
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck with the studies F2B, you'll have that MCSE in no time icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck! Looking forward to hearing about your next success!
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    This is getting interesting :D
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    I am pretty sure knwminus/Bl8ckrouter got Security+... How are ypu doing Fade?
  • krispp3markrispp3mar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys can u help me out icon_sad.gif i joined this site very recently i dont even now how to start a new thread
    i am planning to do some certification my question is whether to do mcse or mcitp

guys can u please help me out in order to do mcitp should we need to complete mcse?

i dont have any training or knowledge so what can i start with mcse or mcitp ?
    can u please send ur comments to my mailid
    nmanojprabhakar1989@gmail.com