Passed the CPTE(Mile2) formerly CPTS

mshadowmshadow Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know there is an on going debate about this vs CEH

I have my CEH and OSCP also...

OSCP contains more debugging/exploit writing and technical...However the CPTE is much better then the CEH on content and delivery.

If anyone has speific questions post up.
CPTE, C|EH, OSCP, CCA, ACSP

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    did you take the CEH v6.1? And would you say that the CPTE is at the same level as the CEH? Could a beginner take the class?
  • mshadowmshadow Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    did you take the CEH v6.1? And would you say that the CPTE is at the same level as the CEH? Could a beginner take the class?

I took the CEH 6 I took 5 day boot camp....I have a background in InfoSec I hated the class and the teacher...

If you have a grasp of the basics like Security+ you will be fine in the CPTE class.
    WTF?! Did they just change the name AGAIN?! First it was CPTS, then CPTE, now CPTC?

How do they expect to gain any recognition if they can't decide what it is?

EDIT: it looks like they had 2 CPTE's, they must have forgotten... You took the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Penetration Testing Expert(Now CPTC)?
  • mshadowmshadow Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    WTF?! Did they just change the name AGAIN?! First it was CPTS, then CPTE, now CPTC?

How do they expect to gain any recognition if they can't decide what it is?

EDIT: it looks like they had 2 CPTE's, they must have forgotten... You took the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Penetration Testing Expert(Now CPTC)?

lol I took the Engineer...

I will be taking the consultant shortly.

I will bring up the name change I talk to them on a regular basis now.
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    I must say Mile2 is easier to communicate with. and I learned a lot quick I just took/ passed the c)va exam. I used to see where I am at in the realm of "hacking".

I am going for the C)PTE at the end of the year after getting certs in Microsoft and HP(HP-UX)
    Thanks for your advise and your Opinions
  • r0ckm4nr0ckm4n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    No, I did. I love infosec that much. I bleed datagrams. I am going to save my money for the C)PTE course-ware
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There's something a little fishy here. Out of all the security certifications, why would you spend that kind of money on Mile2 coursework?
    Fishy? How so?

please explain. Thanks!